Graham believes in McCowen

Runnik's Hambones

Interesting article here. Earnest Graham talks McCowen up, more than I've ever heard him talk anyone up. Graham goes so far as to say that next to Vince Young, McCowen is the most athletic QB in the league, and he thinks Luke should have been playing a long time ago for the Bucs. We'll see...

"I personally think – with the exception of Michael Vick when he was [in the league] and probably Vince Young – I don't think there's another athlete as good as Luke McCown at quarterback," said Graham.

"Luke needs to play, man," said the Bucs' tailback, another player who had to wait patiently for his first real shot at a starting job. "First of all, to start off there's nothing he can't do on the football field. There's not a throw he can't make. He's a great athlete. He's a very, very intelligent guy. He just needs to play, like everybody else. Where do you go if you never get the experience? Anybody in this business needs experience."

"I definitely think we're moving toward that," said Graham. "It's obviously a priority, and I think we have the pieces in place to do that. I think letting Luke have a chance is a great decision. I think he probably should have been playing a long time ago. I think we're moving in the right direction. How it goes, nobody knows, but I think we're definitely going in the right direction as an offense."

"You need to learn your way, man," said Graham. "Like anybody else, he'll make mistakes. We see guys that have been in the league years and years and years get into games and throw four or five picks. It's just part of playing; you have to be able to deal with that. I think once Luke gets through that, he's going to play great and he'll have some games where he's not that great. We have to be there for him."

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=7010

Mike

Administrator
Nice vote of confidence for McCown. I wonder how the rest of the team feels about him, particularly the receivers and o-line? If these two groups don't buy into you, you are really screwed.