Free Agency moves for NFL

Remote Controller

Lions | Zach Zenner not tendered in Motown Wed Mar 14, 05:26 PM

The Detroit Lions officially did not tender RB Zach Zenner on Wednesday, March 14, making him an unrestricted free agent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Room for Gore

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Broncos are supposedly working on a trade to send Trevor Semeon to the Vikings.

And yes I don't care at all that I misspelled his last name. He's not good enough for me to learn how to spell his name.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
A J McCarron signs with Buffalo for 2 years
okay I like this move, and it makes me wonder. By all reports in Buffalo they really like Peterman(yeah, I don't get it either....). But......A.J. has shown some flashes, I wonder if they stick with those two, and not trade up for Qb as most expected?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Broncos are supposedly working on a trade to send Trevor Semeon to the Vikings.

And yes I don't care at all that I misspelled his last name. He's not good enough for me to learn how to spell his name.
:D Yeah like the move for Minny, Siemian is a solid choice for a back up in Minnesota for Cousins.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Alot of teams doing the restructure thing to make cap room - Philly as an example - Ertz was restructured
PFT reports that Terrell Pryor has interested the following teams - Browns, Rams and Niners
One rumor has it that Dallas was pushing to get Watkins - too bad KC beat them out
In the on-running old Rb tour in Detroit - (has been alot) - Gore and Blount are next on the list
TE Niles Paul formerly of Washington going to Jags
One rumor had Detroit close to a deal with Gore, but if Blount is visiting...I wonder if that is still true
One correction - Case Keenum was a 2 year deal, not one year as previously reported
OT Andre Smith signs with Arizona

Walter34

I doubt they think Peterman is a viable option at least for this year. 2 tds and 5 INTs in limited action. Stranger things have happened but all signs point to a trade up for a QB or taking what is left at pick 12.

Cleveland, Giants, Denver and Jets are the obvious teams that may take a qb in the top 6. This would make the Giants, Colts and Browns 4 pick as the likely trade targets. If one of these teams pass on a qb, then Buffalo may target one of the teams in the 7-10 range.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I doubt they think Peterman is a viable option at least for this year. 2 tds and 5 INTs in limited action. Stranger things have happened but all signs point to a trade up for a QB or taking what is left at pick 12.

Cleveland, Giants, Denver and Jets are the obvious teams that may take a qb in the top 6. This would make the Giants, Colts and Browns 4 pick as the likely trade targets. If one of these teams pass on a qb, then Buffalo may target one of the teams in the 7-10 range.
Yeah, I agree. If I am Indy I am working big time on trades with Buffalo and Arizona...as they both really need long term solutions. Heck Denver may want to move up a few as well, to get ahead of Jets and Browns to get their guy. Indy has soo many needs to fix, getting more picks to move down would be best move for them

JScott

Administrator
Is anyone else surprised by how low McCarron's contract is? Clearly back up $. And he's in no better position than he was in CIN. With the money Graps got, the QB frenzy this offseason and the rumors of teams trying to get McCarron in the past it really surprised me that this was the best he was going to get.

Walter34

surprised yes, but there are too many options this year for qb needy teams and he was at the bottom of the list. A different year like last year and he may have gotten a Mike Glennon type of deal.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think folks are finally realizing you can't take a player with limited starts and assume he is the next coming - too many Matt Flynn cases. I really think Denver will pay for the move to sign Keenum. Minny was set to protect Keenum, Denver is not.

McCarron did what he had to do, Buffalo was his last shot to be a starter - so he took less money and will fight it out with the rookie they draft(assuming they do this year...and I am not sold on that yet).

Best case/worst case for Buffalo - they draft high Qb, and McCarron proves out, so they have wonderful trade bait. McCarron doesn't prove out, but they have drafted rookie who does...and they can keep McCarron for solid back up or Peterman.

Market drove this. Simply not enough tape on McCarron for NFL teams to believe.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jaron Brown Wr formerly of Arizona is visiting the Seahawks
Jermon Bushrod OT has signed with N.O.
Evidently Eagles have NOT signed Haloti Ngata DT yet. He is there today to visit, but some say he may re-sign with Detroit instead

Phicinfan

Administrator
update on Jordy Nelson - he is STILL in Oakland and per Schefter of ESPN he is close to a deal. Oakland does not want him to do his other visits.

AND..... per Schefter - if they do sign Nelson, there is strong belief they will cut Crabtree as RC has said, for the roughly $7 million cap savings.

Remote Controller

Crabtree would be a great Pat also. Pats Dallas or Green Bay. Woodhead will end up on the Pats. (damn)

(sorry if the conjecturing isn't wanted on this thread) You can move or delete it.