Free Agency moves for NFL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Matt Cassel Qb signs in Detroit to back up Stafford - formerly of Tennessee
Wr Quincy Enunwa has signed his RFA tender

ExperiencedRookie

Not to mention that he wants an amount of cash that makes him a starting QB.

I kind of feel like he doesn't really want back in. He's far more successful as a martyr than he ever was as a player.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jordan Matthews Wr to sign with New England for 1.0 years - formerly of Buffalo
Cowboys sign Kony Ealy De formerly of NY Jets
Steelers re-sign Wr Justin Hunger and Rb Steven Ridley

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Saints signed restricted free agent WR Cameron Meredith to a two-year, $9.6 million offer sheet.

The deal includes $5.4 million in guaranteed money. The Bears will now have five days to match the offer .

Phicinfan

Administrator
Saints signed restricted free agent WR Cameron Meredith to a two-year, $9.6 million offer sheet.

The deal includes $5.4 million in guaranteed money. The Bears will now have five days to match the offer .
Hmm...wonder if Snead is a goner....I like the signing for saints if they keep him

Walter34

This was a bone-headed mistake by the Bears. They signed him to the no compensation tender @ 1.9M. They could have signed him for the 2nd round tender at 2.9M and then received the draft pick compensation if a team signs him and they don't match. Now, they get squat or they have to pay him the 5M per year deal.

I expect that they will not match based on their signings so far this year. Either way, they blew it.

KillerFins

Staff member
This was a bone-headed mistake by the Bears. They signed him to the no compensation tender @ 1.9M. They could have signed him for the 2nd round tender at 2.9M and then received the draft pick compensation if a team signs him and they don't match. Now, they get squat or they have to pay him the 5M per year deal.

I expect that they will not match based on their signings so far this year. Either way, they blew it.
Yeah, I didn't get why they did that. Unless they had no interest in keeping him.

Walter34

With Meredith there is still a large question on his health for this year. Its a gamble for the Saints and Bears at this point no matter which way it goes. But, seems to me the 2nd round tender with compensation was what should have been done. 1 year \ 3M is the only risk

Phicinfan

Administrator
Stories are out that OG Richie Incognito is going to retire. Huge hit to buffalo O-line if that is true.

Phicinfan

Administrator

Per Schefty at ESPN bears won't match

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Jarvis Landry sign like a 5 years 75 million dollar extension with the Browns. I hope I'm remembering the numbers right