Fred Taylor released by Jags

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Big move and pretty surprising. I wonder if and how hard the Jags attemted to rework his contract to keep him in uniform? So is the way of free agency. I see Fred having a productive year this year. Yes Bomb, MJD's value goes up (as will your insatiable man-love for MJD....if it is possible) but Fred's value goes up aswell. He no longer shares carries and due to age will be a bargain basement value come draft time.

My guesses for possible landing spots:

Houston needs a compliment to Slaton
Cinci may look toward him for production and leadership

Any others jump to mind?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
:sadbanana:.....actually i am shocked to see this. Ever since the season ended all the talk here is how they are going to keep him. There was talk of adjusting his salary a bit, but i never thought this would happen. With his age and the beating he has taken the past few years he is 3rd string , maybe 2nd string, back up at best. On where he will head is anybodies guess. He will need a proven off. line to get anything yard wise. Maybe Minnesota, backup to Peterson. Could even go to Indy.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
honestly i think at this point of his career, fred taylor is best suited as a 180 carry guy who gets 12 touches a game and plays second fiddle to someone younger and someone who can pound the ball inside and get the goal line touches. sadly, i think he was in pretty much a perfect spot.

indy is an intriguing destination, helping to take some of the load off joseph addai and trying to win a ring. i can see that being a great fit for both sides.

Coachnorm

Big move and pretty surprising. I wonder if and how hard the Jags attemted to rework his contract to keep him in uniform? So is the way of free agency. I see Fred having a productive year this year. Yes Bomb, MJD's value goes up (as will your insatiable man-love for MJD....if it is possible) but Fred's value goes up aswell. He no longer shares carries and due to age will be a bargain basement value come draft time.

My guesses for possible landing spots:

Houston needs a compliment to Slaton
Cinci may look toward him for production and leadership

Any others jump to mind?

Maybe become an extra prong in a one prong Jamal Lewis attack?

Runnik's Hambones

Kinda shocked here, but I understand the move. Even for Fred's sake, it may be best that he become the kind of back that DB just pointed out. 12 carries a game, no more than 15.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but doesn't this just scream New England?

Taylor isn't exactly upset like some of the guys before (Moss, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon), but he's a guy that has been stuck on the same team for a long time, on the wrong side of his career, has something to prove, and wants a ring.

And in New England, he can even "start" still and split plays with the other backs like Kevin Faulk depending on the package Belichick puts on the field.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but doesn't this just scream New England?

Taylor isn't exactly upset like some of the guys before (Moss, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon), but he's a guy that has been stuck on the same team for a long time, on the wrong side of his career, has something to prove, and wants a ring.

And in New England, he can even "start" still and split plays with the other backs like Kevin Faulk depending on the package Belichick puts on the field.
:nod: Yep. NE is a solid target.