FA Signing: Flynn on the move?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
there are a ton of rumors now flying that Seattle is getting interest from three teams for Flynn. Buffalo, Jacksonville and Oakland are who are rumored to be interested.

Of all, Buffalo makes the most sense to me, as their starting options are really not good. Its either go for Flynn, or trade up to make sure they can get Geno Smith before Arizona does.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I find it interesting that to alot of sources the two main players are Buffalo and Jags. Honestly, the Jags I don't get. If you really want to go QB, why not use your pick to get Gino? Why trade picks or players away to get Flynn? Buffalo makes more sense to me, they are not all that close, they may or may not be able to snag Smith in draft, but have no other option other than Tavarius Jackson.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Plus many speculate that Flynn wouldn't be much of an upgrade for Jacksonville while I do think he'd improve things for the Bills. His contract will be a problem for any team that gets him. In the end I still expect him to remain in Seattle whether they actually want him to or not.

Phicinfan

Administrator

Escrow

@JasonLaCanfora: With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

cctekguy

Staff member
I must have dreamt it, but I would have sworn Carson to Az. was a done deal 2 weeks ago. In fact, that is why Az. could part with Kolb...or so I dreamt.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I must have dreamt it, but I would have sworn Carson to Az. was a done deal 2 weeks ago. In fact, that is why Az. could part with Kolb...or so I dreamt.

No Kolb was gotten rid of due to the signing of Stanton. Who was the back up in Indy last year, and in Detroit years before that. It was also a cap savings for Arizona.

I do think Carson may be a shot though IF he is ever let go by Oakland

Escrow

Heard its pretty much a done deal for two picks 2014 and 2015(conditional)...both late picks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/report-flynn-to-raiders-deal-done/

Also, Palmer will most likely go to the Cards via trade or he will be cut....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ted-to-trade-carson-palmer-to-cardinals-soon/

As a Raider fan, low risk for a probable decent starting QB....now if they can only figure out how to shore up their....WR,TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, and P problems they might win 5 games next year...