FA RB Dominic Rhodes A Bill

Coachnorm

Free agent tailback Dominic Rhodes agreed to a two-year contract with the Buffalo Bills, according to the league-owned NFL Network. Rhodes spent last season with the Indianapolis Colts and ran for 538 yards and six touchdowns.

That should fill the Marshawn Lynch gap nicely. Fred Jacksons' holdout may be a little shorter now.

what's that mean in Indy? high draft pick on an rb?

situation in buffalo is hands off. maybe a fantasy third round for Mar Mar? guess looking for guidance.

Coachnorm

what's that mean in Indy? high draft pick on an rb?

situation in buffalo is hands off. maybe a fantasy third round for Mar Mar? guess looking for guidance.

It does look like Indy will lean more to getting a RB in the draft than we previously thought. I had even heard some people suggest that Rhodes would beat out Addai this year, Guess not.

Buffalo is becoming very murky at RB. I like Lynch but it was already a drawback having to handcuff Jackson for the 3 game suspension gap. But with Rhodes around that Jackson production may not be as good. Lynch may drop enough to become a nice value but you still have to figure a way to not start out 0-3.

Then when you look at Buffalo dealing away OT Peters you need to keep a close eye one the draft to see if that vacuum is filled. It may be time to downgrade the Bills rushing attack fantasy wise.

It does look like Indy will lean more to getting a RB in the draft than we previously thought. I had even heard some people suggest that Rhodes would beat out Addai this year, Guess not.

Buffalo is becoming very murky at RB. I like Lynch but it was already a drawback having to handcuff Jackson for the 3 game suspension gap. But with Rhodes around that Jackson production may not be as good. Lynch may drop enough to become a nice value but you still have to figure a way to not start out 0-3.

Then when you look at Buffalo dealing away OT Peters you need to keep a close eye one the draft to see if that vacuum is filled. It may be time to downgrade the Bills rushing attack fantasy wise.
that would probably be wise. very vital thread/news, Coach. like always.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Abilene Cooper High graduate in the house!!
(Sorry, had to get a plug in there although I'm not a native texan)

I wouldn't read too much into this move. It's purely for depth and Lynch insurance. Rhodes turned the magical age of 30 this year, and although he doesn't have quite as much mileage as most backs I see him backing up Jackson until Marshawn returns, then assuming a 3rd down/special teams role until someone gets banged up. Probably not handcuff material, unless he adopts the new Buffalo ethics code and gets another DUI. Then he will indeed be in handcuffs.

efactor

Coming at you
I guess Rhodes didn't learn his lesson when he left Indy for Oakland. It's the system dummy.................

I really think Edge ends up back in Indy. Seems a perfect fit in that offense for the next couple years. Arizona didn't utilize Edge well. He can still play in the right system............