End of season moves by NFL teams

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why are the Browns keeping their coach? He has messed with his QB's head the entire season benching and un-benching him. Doesn't know how to use his RB's and wastes the talents of Duke. Can't win a frigging game and just plain sucks. He may be a nice fella but he has to be the worst coach in the NFL.
Well first he was NOT his Qb, per multiple reports HIS Qb was to be a trade for Garoppolo or McCarron. Instead he got saddled with the rookie who basically sucked, and so did the "vets" he had. I think he is being given one more year with a real Qb to prove he is what he is. IMO.

efactor

Coming at you
Surprised Dorsey isn’t bringing in his own guy. If Jackson was on board with the McCarron deal, that’s a bad sign. Reeks of desperation. They can thank Sashi for sabotaging that one.

Going 1-31 over two years is inexcusable. Guy is a bad coach who doesn’t seem to communicate well with his players. The comment about not being impressed with Cromwell’s long run was nonsensical. Even if it was well blocked, it was one of their best offensive plays of the season. Just made no sense to me. Guy needs to go.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Surprised Dorsey isn’t bringing in his own guy. If Jackson was on board with the McCarron deal, that’s a bad sign. Reeks of desperation. They can thank Sashi for sabotaging that one.

Going 1-31 over two years is inexcusable. Guy is a bad coach who doesn’t seem to communicate well with his players. The comment about not being impressed with Cromwell’s long run was nonsensical. Even if it was well blocked, it was one of their best offensive plays of the season. Just made no sense to me. Guy needs to go.
There is some speculation, that if Marvin Lewis is let go by Cincinnati, he will get hired pretty quickly in Cleveland. Again, just speculation.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fitz should hang because the guy still has "it." I'd understand though if he just wasn't up to another QB change. The NFL needs him to keep playing. Such a wonderful example for the young guys even if his TV commercials are absolutely bummers.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think Fitz will wait to see what Arizona does. He did extend his contract one more year, but that does not mean he will play. If he does not like who they get at HC, or what they do at Qb if Palmer retires....he may decide to just walk rather than keep losing.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh lord.

They need to get a young coach in there, not some recycled senior citizen. Hue and Marvin are the same guy. Thank god SF hired Shanahan.
Oh fully agree. I don't think Marvin should coach, I actually think he could make a solid GM or talent evaluator, he made some great drafts while in Cincy.

efactor

Coming at you
Cleveland has insane draft capital. Sashi was great at accumulating the picks. Too bad he didn’t know who to actually draft.

He gets dogged for passing on Watson at 12 last year in hindsight but that trade ended up great. 26th pick last year and 4 this year for 12. Imagine if they had taken Foster instead of Peppers like they should have.

Garrett, Peppers, Njoku and Kiser with those picks? Horrible

efactor

Coming at you
I think Fitz will wait to see what Arizona does. He did extend his contract one more year, but that does not mean he will play. If he does not like who they get at HC, or what they do at Qb if Palmer retires....he may decide to just walk rather than keep losing.

That would be unfortunate. Guy is still a great player. 109 catches and 1150 yards playing most of the season with Drew Stanton and Blane Gabbert. Plus, a great blocker.

And I wouldn’t be able to draft those numbers in the 5th or 6th round next year. :(

efactor

Coming at you
Oh fully agree. I don't think Marvin should coach, I actually think he could make a solid GM or talent evaluator, he made some great drafts while in Cincy.

He did, which makes the Ross pick last year all the more confusing. They lost Wentworth and Zitler and they overdraft a munchkin WR?

Phicinfan

Administrator
He did, which makes the Ross pick last year all the more confusing. They lost Wentworth and Zitler and they overdraft a munchkin WR?
Per reports, he did not have control of roster, and did not have say on Wentworth and Zeitler being let go(Mike Brown closed the purse strings again per report).

To what Mud posted, local radio in cincy is reporting Marvin may get a 2 year extension, AND get full control of roster and team, as GMish. Good grief.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ugh! More poor to middling football for the Bengals.

Bengals signed coach Marvin Lewis to a two-year extension through 2019.

Source: Bengals on Twitter