Donte Whitner Tasered and Arrested

Mike

Administrator
Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte Whitner spent most of today in a Cleveland jail cell after he was Tasered early this morning by an off duty police while trying to join a "near riot" that broke out in front of a club where he was partying, Cleveland police said.

Whitner was released from jail this afternoon, because there was no prosecutor available to consult on the charges, but he's expected to be sent a summons and will have to appear in court at a later date, a Cleveland police official said.

Whitner, 23, who is from Cleveland and was a star player for Ohio State, was inside the popular House of Blues night club in the heart of downtown Cleveland when a melee broke out at about 3 a.m. outside the establishment.

A birthday party was under way in the club for Miami Dolphin Ted Ginn Jr. but it's unclear whether Whitner was at the club for the celebration.

Full Story

Mike

Administrator
In other news, Sports Outlaw member Remote Controller has placed full blame for this incedent on the shoulders of teammate Terrell Owens. ;)

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
In other news, Sports Outlaw member Remote Controller has placed full blame for this incedent on the shoulders of teammate Terrell Owens.

You're blaming the wrong WR. Ginn, Jr. was also present for the incident.

It's clearly Tressel's fault... :grin:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm shocked how this is even possible, according to everyone on here on Bengals get arrested.....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Just to be on the safe side Goodell has suspended Chris Henry indefinately until he can prove he had nothing to do with it.

Tank Johnson is also being accused of providing the police their guns in this incident and is looking at 8 games off.

I also understand a warrant has been issued for PacMan Jones in this incident, because lets face it guys...Alcohol. Club. 3am. Fight. Oh yeah, PacMan was all up in this mess. :)

Remote Controller

In other news, Sports Outlaw member Remote Controller has placed full blame for this incedent on the shoulders of teammate Terrell Owens. ;)
Damn! I missed this, and once I saw it, was peeing all over myslef to give TO credit. He is a bad seed, and the harvest is coming in early!!! :biglaugh:

Remote Controller

I was going to say Buffalo is becoming new Cincinnati :)
Still no team stepping up to take over for Dallas as the Cocaine friendliest organization.:nannie: ........see Matt Jones (Matt, a razor blade works better than a Credit card to cut it up!!) :homer:

Coachnorm

I am move to keep the NFL criminal element off guard The Commisher is going to make WR Brandon Marshall play three extra games this year.

Remote Controller

TO has called a press conference and vows to do sit ups in his new driveway until the focus is back on him! We will keep you updated!:homer:

ExperiencedRookie

This is the funniest thread I have read in a long time. LOVE IT.

I want to see a Goodfellas style movie poster with all the criminals of the NFL posing as the Goodfellas characters!!

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I was going to say Buffalo is becoming new Cincinnati :)

I had considered that also, but this week Miller had already arranged for Cincy to sign Tank Johnson so he could come after me to claim the 100k vBucks I owed Miller from an NCAA wager..

Didn't want to push my luck. :grin:

efactor

Coming at you
Just to be on the safe side Goodell has suspended Chris Henry indefinately until he can prove he had nothing to do with it.

Tank Johnson is also being accused of providing the police their guns in this incident and is looking at 8 games off.

I also understand a warrant has been issued for PacMan Jones in this incident, because lets face it guys...Alcohol. Club. 3am. Fight. Oh yeah, PacMan was all up in this mess. :)

Why is Brandon Marshall not getting suspended over this. He had to be involved too. 6 games for him........