Do you like playing in "playoff" leagues??

Coachnorm

My Fantasyleague.com has free leagues that run during the NFL playoffs.

Do you enjoy playing in these leagues??

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Honestly, I don't get into these. Playoffs, to me are just to sit and enjoy. I spend all year focused on the fantasy aspect, and don't just enjoy the games. Thats why once my league years are done, I just sit back and get to really enjoy football again.

Coachnorm

Honestly, I don't get into these. Playoffs, to me are just to sit and enjoy. I spend all year focused on the fantasy aspect, and don't just enjoy the games. Thats why once my league years are done, I just sit back and get to really enjoy football again.

A lot of people seem to enter this mode as I ran a playoff league for one league for two years and only about 1/2 the owners actually played.

What I did notice is that since there was no head to head matchups and it's you and your total points against everybody that the owners were into thrash talking more than usual.

Coachnorm

For those that don't know basicly a Playoff league is a total points league, there are no owners getting eliminated early. You summit a lineup every week including the Super Bowl. You can select from all the players on the teams playing every week with a couple of caveats.

You can only use a player once in the playoffs.

When teams are eliminated in the actual NFL Playoffs the players on those teams are no longer available to you also.

cctekguy

Staff member
Tek you just need to focus on this weekend before you go start thinking about anything else.:eek:

Nothing personal JJ but I can't get that jazzed about the play-offs this year. I know our match-up in II should be uber exciting but it's been hell week at work and son and I are suddenly forced to share one PC. Since Dad is < Son that means I get limited hours of PC time a day. It's hard to get excited about football when you can't even keep up with who is injured.

Who I have is who I have and I'll set my line-up on Saturday based on generic predictions.

I know that takes some of the fun out of it for you but it takes ALL of the fun out of it for me.

(HA....if I beat you now you'll REALLY look like a putz LOL)

Good luck this week JJ! We'll rekindle this rivalry in PFL next season.

That's the problem he has, focussing.

No, DICK, I don't have a problem focusing. I have a problem finding time to dedicate to a flicking game. When I say I have to "work" it means I have to WORK....You know, get off my fat ass and push away from the computer for 10 hours. I know that is grossly different from YOUR definition of work.

If I sound a little ugly in this post it's because I'm INSANELY JEALOUS of you. I'm competitive with a few stolen hours of PC time. Imagine how good I would be if I drew my paycheck while researching fantasy info.

You have no right to criticize me or anyone else that is unable to "play at work".

Sorry....guess I should have gone to college

Coachnorm

Me too, My favorite week of Football is the Wild Card weekend. Stuck with a basic cable budget and being unable to last through a full day of NFL Football having two games of Saturday and two on Sunday fits my capacities perfectly.