Crowell or Martin

2minutedrill

Been waiting for Martin's return and now not sure what to do. Crowell has sucked wind. My other "back" is Abdullah and he's got a rolled ankle and the Panthers.

So I'm thinking gotta start Martin, hope for the best, then have still Sunday to see which of the other two to run out there.

So I need second opinions. (I'm playing Mud, so I'll do the opposite of what he says, unless he thinks I'll think that and then I'll do what he says....ouch, I just hurt myself)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd make plans to try and roll with the Crow and Martin but don't expect Martin to hog the carries in his first game back. The Crow faces the Jets so the game should stay close enough to allow the bird to continue to get carries in the second half and cut down on the Duke's touches. Martin scare me for another reason other than number of touches and that's what if the Pats score at will and force Winston to throw every down. The Arab finally had a good game last week and missed part of the 4th with his injury or it would have been bigger. If he doesn't play Sunday you are screwed but that wouldn't bother me a bit. Yes sir, trot Martin out there tonight in the shootout and hope for Abdullah Sunday. Or not, you see you know all of this so what's the question again? How to mess things up against me this weekend, yeah- that's the ticket. Oh, don't forget about Wayne Gallman sitting on your bench in a game the NYG should be able to run in. :)

KillerFins

Staff member
Crowell sucks, I'd only ever start him if he was your only choice. Give me Abdullah over him easily. Crowell might outscore him this week, but not by much, whild Abdullah has a much higher upside. I'd also be wary of starting Martin as it's his first game back and there are so many unknown factors, but with that being said see what I said about Crowell and Abdullah.

Barring injury; Abdullah & Martin.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ameer Abdullah (ankle) was upgraded to "full" in Thursday's practice.

He's officially on track to start against the Panthers.

Jus' a helping out dare 2-M.

cctekguy

Staff member
I was thinking about the Martin situation today. Starting a guy 1st game back is a No-No. Starting a guy on Thursday night is inadvisable.

That's all the reason I need to ride the muscle hamster vs New England.

Given your other options, I'd Start him with confidence.