CFB 2009: Picking the Pac

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Note: This is a blogger view. From the look of this article, this guy has done some extensive homework.

Sporting News - Your expert source for MLB Baseball, NFL Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and Fantasy Sports scores, blogs, and articles

This is probably the conference prediction entry that I will receive the most criticism for. The Pac 10 has seemingly become a word of mouth conference. We now have a clearly defined top and bottom half according to fans on the national level. I think it is understandable for the SEC to have a defined top half and bottom half, though we have seen some light movement over the last few years, like Kentucky moving up some, but lets be clear there, it isn't as if Kentucky has knocked Tennesseee or Auburn out of the top half. They've just flirted with the top half some. Big 10 is the same way. The Big 12 may be even more so. The Pac though, we're weird. There has been very little continuity of dominance, except for USC in the last decade. I still think this is the most perfect sentence to describe Pac football.

Every Pac-10 team has won or shared the conference championship since 1993. That shows why the Pac shouldn't have a clearly defined top and bottom half. That is 10 teams in 16 years. But as mentioned above, the top half has become Oregon State, Oregon, USC, Cal, UCLA/ASU. I was hoping that the preseason magazines would pick up on it, but they didn't. Well, Phil Steele kind of, sort of did and he is the most accurate of the media preseason magazines, but he seems to be afraid to go out on a limb. I'm not, if I look at the Pac-10 teams this year, I don't see the trend that has filled the conference over the last few years.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Found this over at Dawgman.com The Whoreagan fans are in a uproar. Even one quackhead tried to play it off by saying that the writer of the article was someone who lives on the East Coast and doesn't know anything about PAC-10 Football. Course the quackhead was corrected on that statement.

The writer does go outside the box on alot of predictions, but probally the best i've seen on anyone predicting this season coming up.

Since the writer is a Trojan fan, I figured he would be biased about USC Football....ahh hell, their at the top right now....let him have his fun.

Gawd it would be nice if this comes true :grin: