Cedric Benson - Where does he go from here.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Benson had a decent stretch run with Cincinnati and is not a UFA. How much market value does he carry? Cincinnati will be in the running to re-sign him, but what other teams do you think will jump in here. Would you want him on your favorite team?

Benson ran well in December:
4 games - 100 attempts - 412 ru yds - 4.1 ypc - 1 TD - 7 rec - 108 yds

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would not want him. Yes he seemed to revert to what was expected...but all the history from Chicago still scares me. I would not want to dump big money on him...not on that short a sampling.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I honestly think he has only the Bengals as an option. He ran well for them down the stretch BUT I didn't see enough from him to command a starting role elsewhere. In Cinci he has to beat out gimps and scrubs for a starting role. He would not get that kind of weak field on any other team as rosters stand right now.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
the way the Bengals roster sits now, your right, he has no competition if he returns except from maybe a mid round rookie that would seem more as a compliment than competition.

If he wants to start, you'd think Cincy would be a good spot to stay.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Benson had a decent stretch run with Cincinnati and is not a UFA. How much market value does he carry? Cincinnati will be in the running to re-sign him, but what other teams do you think will jump in here. Would you want him on your favorite team?

If he wanted to leave football and live off his pick 5 money, he could have, but didn't. If there was a situation where he could give up and coast, it was with the Palmer-less Bengals. Not only did he not give up, he got better to the bitter end.

The things that happened in Chicago were unfortunate but he still had a great college career and a great pre-draft grade. He's also only 26 years old.

So my answer is yes, I would have him on my favorite team, and I've made a point of drafting him this year wherever I could.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If he wanted to leave football and live off his pick 5 money, he could have, but didn't. If there was a situation where he could give up and coast, it was with the Palmer-less Bengals. Not only did he not give up, he got better to the bitter end.

The things that happened in Chicago were unfortunate but he still had a great college career and a great pre-draft grade. He's also only 26 years old.

So my answer is yes, I would have him on my favorite team, and I've made a point of drafting him this year wherever I could.
dunno: Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice.................