Cards place Franchise Tag on Karlos Dansby for the 2nd year in a row

Coachnorm

Beat me to it. Anyone who was paying attention to Dansby during the playoffs won't really be surprised by this. Hopefully, The Cardinals make a better effort at a contract extension this year.

Coachnorm

An expensive tag it will be. being franchised gives you a top salary to begin with. Getting tagged a second year comes with a 20% raise. This is the same thing the Ravens will face if they Tag LB Suggs again.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
normally when teams tag a 2nd year in a row it means that theres almost zero chance of resigning them after that, since theyve tried and failed for 3 years running at that point.

Coachnorm

normally when teams tag a 2nd year in a row it means that theres almost zero chance of resigning them after that, since theyve tried and failed for 3 years running at that point.

I have to agree, there is the possibility, but not really any probability.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Didn't the Bears sign Briggs after two tags? and I think the Seahawks signed Walter Jones after two tags as well. I'm not sure about other two year tag guys, but those are the two that pop to mind and both were signed, so I'd say the chances are a little higher than zero ;)