Camp news - post week 1 of pre-season

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Giants signed WR Odell Beckham to a five-year, $95 million extension through 2023.

The deal includes $65 million guaranteed. Both the guaranteed money and Beckham's average annual value of $19 million are new records for a receiver.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Here's a tidbit from the Mile High Club that grabbed my attention. The Broncos announced that they would not be playing their starters in the final preseason game. Then they said that Royce Freeman "would be" playing! :eek: Are they really that blind in Denver? Come on John, he's your best RB by far and you can Book it that it ain't Booker.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Here's a tidbit from the Mile High Club that grabbed my attention. The Broncos announced that they would not be playing their starters in the final preseason game. Then they said that Royce Freeman "would be" playing! :eek: Are they really that blind in Denver? Come on John, he's your best RB by far and you can Book it that it ain't Booker.
For whatever reason they love Booker. He has not shown me any reason for this faith, maybe he is a practice warrior...dunno. But yeah Freeman will be starter at some point, you can book(get the pun) it! :D

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Speaking of booking it, Man Parker is falling down fantasy draft boards like a snowball headed for hell. I mean his ADP is plummeting. So at what point does he become value? If he's there in your draft's last round would you close your eyes and hold your breath and pick him? I think I would. But gosh almighty he sux!

Phicinfan

Administrator
Speaking of booking it, Man Parker is falling down fantasy draft boards like a snowball headed for hell. I mean his ADP is plummeting. So at what point does he become value? If he's there in your draft's last round would you close your eyes and hold your breath and pick him? I think I would. But gosh almighty he sux!
He is only value if he plays and plays well. By all reports he is not doing well, and has had some injury dings as well. Add to that a questionable OL, and Tannehill as Qb and well...yuck

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Baldwin says that his knee will not be right for this season. He's shown a lot of grit and toughness in his career but this will be a test for the SeaHawk ace.

ExperiencedRookie

Baldwin says that his knee will not be right for this season. He's shown a lot of grit and toughness in his career but this will be a test for the SeaHawk ace.
And the Seahawks are talking about releasing Marshall.

Is Lockett going to finally step up? This doesn't sound good for Baldwin, and I think it's well within the realm of possibility that he gets further injured, or shuts it down at some point.

This roster is a mess, and I could see them sitting at 4-7, totally giving up, and moving Baldwin to surgery in November instead of January.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I wonder what the risk is for further injury. If it is as questionable as it seems this is a huge risk IMO.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay some new contracts and some cuts to talk about today:
- Bengals have extended DL Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap to new deals
- Chicago now saying good chance R. Smith rookie Lb will be a go week 1
- Saints are struggling to figure out the role for 1st round pick Marcus Davenport
- Alfred Morris rb SF seems to have locked up a roster spot with his latest work - HC says he may not play in last preseason game...
- Rams HC McVay says he is okay with Sean Mannion as back up Qb - yeah lets see who is available post cuts....
- Paxton Lynch Qb Den hopes he will be staying around in Denver - don't hold your breath Paxton - you got passed by Mr. Irrelevant at Qb
- McVay is also very very optimistic that an Aaron Donald deal is close to happening - get it done Rams!!
- Steelers cleared $2 million in cap space by reworking Vance McDonalds deal
- Reports were out that LeVeon Bell was joining the team Labor day Monday - but now say he never said that....- are we now looking at protracted hold out?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Some interesting news coming out now...
- Lb Michael Kendricks Cle is pleading guilty to insider trading - he states he was duped by a friend but knew it was illegal - this could be federal charges and prison as well as sanctions from the league
- Green Bay has traded Qb Brent Hundley to Seattle - for an undisclosed 2019 draft pick - he will be #2 in Seattle, and Green bay plans to keep both Deshone Kizer and Tim Boyle on active roster
-

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Mike Lombardi reiterated on his latest GM Street podcast that Randall Cobb is available for trade.

Lombardi was also well out in front of the Dolphins shopping Jarvis Landry. "Everybody in the league knows Randall Cobb is available," Lombardi said, adamantly. "All you gotta do is make the call." Lombardi did acknowledge that Cobb likely has no trade market, however. He is owed an $8.6 million salary and has chronic ankle problems. We can't say we'd be surprised if Cobb got cut.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Need? Baldwin will have an ongoing issue all year, who else do they have? by extending him they control the cost vs. tagging him.
Per some insider reports I have found, Lockett was never really healthy last year, he is now, and will be the deep threat for this team. And....there is concern on Baldwin and his ongoing knee issue...