Bucs release Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway, Derrick Brooks, Ike Hilliard, and Cato June

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i honestly just feel awful for you bucs fans. the thing is that this year has been coming for awhile now, and you guys have had an incredible decade+ long run, but that doesnt make it any easier. tampa's been mismanaging the cap for a good while now, so its time to undo it, and it has to be done. hopefully they can find a new sapp, a new lynch, a new brooks, but that may take some time.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I agree somewhat with DaBomb. This was bound to happen. Look at all the teams that have been built on older vets...and see what happens. KC, Denver, Oakland(back in Gruden days...) and now Tampa Bay.

The point is, for whatever reason, economy, uncapped year next year whatever....there seems to be a push to really rebuild and start over with alot of teams.

And as much as Galloway, Hilliard, Brooks and others were key vets that helped.....Tampa was not going to win that much anyway. Time to bring in new blood and rebuild.

Next year will really be an interesting year. You have multiple teams totally stripping teams down and starting over. Tampa with Galloway, Hilliard and Clayton gone.....only have one Wr that is known. So I don't think passing will be a large option.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Brooks?

WTF????

This douchebag and his little bitch of a GM had better know what the hell they are doing by cutting a veteran of this caliber. Sure, over the past couple of years he has lost a step or two, but you keep a guy like this around to ease the transistion.

A 32 YEAR OLD NFL HEAD COACH??? Hell, he is 5 years older than me, and has only 2 more years of coaching experience.

The return of Bucco Bruce is looming just over the horizon. May as well fire up the band and start recalling the tales of the mighty Leman Bennett, Ray Perkins, and Sam Wyche . . . Remember the glory days of the Big Sombrero and the successful come from behind losses lead by superstars such as Vinny Testeverde, Craig Erickson, Steve DeBerg, and Trent Dilfer . . .

****!!!

Gameover Bucs fans . . . . Time to head back to our cave for another 25 years of pathetic football . . . .

Somebody get me a guitar string so I can hang my naked body from the shower head . . . .

:first:

Now see THIS is some solid piss and vinegar. Bravo to you Sir Elrocko. Bravo. :thumbsup:

Coachnorm

So drop Brooks who is not a free agent (one year left on contract) a little early (25th). Hope he clears waivers amid the big signing noise. ReSign Brooks to a more cap friendly/ retirement deal later? Sorry just, just thinking out loud.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think it's a shame they cut Brooks. You dont dick off to a classy, hard working player, who was the face of your franchise and it's best player.

Runnik's Hambones

I agree Sgt. I saw Dunn leave (the first time), that hurt. I saw Lynch leave; that was extremely painful; I saw Sapp leave; felt the closing of an era. I saw Brooks leave; the absolute worst one yet.

My only hope is that seeing Brooks leave is the most painful display of a player leaving an organization that I will have the pleasure of observing.

so much knowledge and so little time

I would like to thank everyone in this thread for awesome input.

for all that I learned reading this thread.

When all I wanted to do was say, "No wonder Chuckie checked out."

Big John gets to remain a players coach. On a new team no less. But a new one, nonetheless.

(seriously. my stuff is after the fact.) Good stuff. Major Propers