• Weight - 207
  • Projected 40 Time - 4.48
2008 Stats:
  • 42 Receptions
  • 535 yards
  • 8 Receiving TD's
Draft Projection - Round 2-3

NFL Impact

Brian Robiskie. Yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking too. Robiskie is something of an unknown to many fans. You know who he plays for and his name, but he has never really done anything spectacular to burn him into your memory. Robiskie is a good receiver, and he has caught over 90 passes and nearly 20 TD's the last two years, closing with a nice game against Texas in a Fiesta Bowl loss, his only 100 yard game of the year. Robiskie will need to do well at the combine and during pro day to solidify himself as a first day WR. I see him as a #3 WR who will toil in the trenches and over the middle. Robiskie is not going to be a star, but he is going to be a tremendous worker and will bring his A game every play. Sometimes that is what your team needs more than the Terrell Owens type. What do you think of Brian? Discuss.

dukdown

Banned
Couple things I like about Robiskie. First, the most obvious, is that he grew up around the NFL game. Should bring a strong maturity to the process. I like his field awareness, good along the sidelines and a nose for the endzone. Willing blocker from what I've seen watching OSU games. I think he makes a solid NFL player, making his mark first on coverage teams. Should be a good addition to any team, being drafted on the 2nd day, I'd guess 4th round.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He reminds me of Muhsin Muhammed in body type and skillset at the same age. Good hands and route runner, mediocre top-end speed but solid downfield blocker. Moose has played much taller than 6'2 over the years and molded himself into a vicious run blocker, can Robiskie do the same? In the right scheme/system, he could develop into a fine #2 on a team with a smaller fast #1. A team such as Miami and former teammate Ted Ginn, Jr. comes to mind.

dukdown

Banned
For what it's worth, Robinskie was voted the most outstanding player of the losing North side for the 2009 Senior Bowl.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
No idea Sarge.

Robo is a guy I liked a ton last season....this season with the Buckeye offense focused on the run Robo seemed to disappear at times, even when he did have some opportunities to make plays. What concerns me about Robo is the fact that it seems like some of his biggest mistakes occur is VERY big spots. On the plus side, guy seems to have good hands the majority of the time but will mystify you with a key drop at a key time. He has good body control and seems to find the opening in the defense. Robo will develop into a nice complimentary receiver IMO, but will never be a star.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Mike Maylock stated that Brian Robiskie had one of the most impressive performances at the Combine on Sunday. He caught everything with his hands and looked very fluid. He ran an unofficial 4.49 and had a 37.5 vertical jump. Very good day overall for Robo.

dukdown

Banned
Ya, I'd say there's no doubt now that Robinskie has worked his way into being a first day selection, and when it's all said and done, with the maturity he appears to bring to the proceeding, could end up being the best of the bunch. Made a highlight one-handed catch yesterday and looked very smooth in all the drills. A team that values intangibles over eye-candy college systems could make Robinskie a 2nd round pick. Reminds me of the Combine that Eddie Royal had last year.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I could see a team like Miami looking at Robo in the second round. Robo is looking like one of the more polished WR's in this class and that is what they need. Vikes and Bears could also be good fits for him.

bobbeaux

i watched some of the combine yesterday and this guy caught my attention during the wr drills . . . i was thinking the titans might be a good fit, but not sure if he's worth their 1st and doubt he'll be there for their 2nd . . . ;)