Breaking News: Oklahoma State TE Mosley quits team

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Oklahoma State starting TE Jamar Mosely has quit the team.
Oklahoma State sophomore tight end Jamal Mosley has quit the team for personal reasons, the school announced Tuesday.

On the Cowboys' depth chart released earlier this week, Mosley had been listed as the starting tight end for Saturday's season opener against Georgia.

According to court documents, Mosley is under a restraining order that was filed last week in Payne County Court by Kayla Elizabeth Starks. It is undetermined if that situation and Mosley's abrupt departure are connected.

"Jamal Mosley is leaving our football team for personal reasons," Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said in a prepared statement. "He has been a good teammate and we wish him the best. We will have no further comment on the matter."

Mosley was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession on June 17, although Gundy told reporters earlier this summer that Mosley was considered to be in good standing with the team.

He was slated to replace Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State's tight end last season who was the first-round draft pick of the Detroit Lions in the NFL draft.

Mosley, a 6-foot-4, 254-pounder from Memphis, Tenn., produced five catches for 57 yards in limited playing time in 2008 as a freshman.

Wilson Youman, a sophomore who started four games for the Cowboys last season, inherits Mosley's starting position on Oklahoma State's depth chart. Youman produced one reception for four yards last season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Fantasy Impact:

The Cowboys have a high octane offense, and the TE position here was one of the better fantasy producers in BCS leagues.

Wilson Youman, a 6-4, 252lb Sophomore takes over at least this week against the #13 Bulldogs. Youman is definately worth a pickup.

Runnik's Hambones

Holy crap!!! You've gotta be kidding me! I've been following Mosley since last year. Knowing that Pettigrew was heading to the NFL and also finding out that Mosley was from Memphis, I was keeping my eye on the kid. Really shocked by this. He had a bright future ahead of him it seemed.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I understand the protective order case filed against him was dropped when no one showed up, but Id like to know what the heck is going on.