Bears agree to terms for Olrando Pace

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So they lock in a franchise QB and then bring in a HOF OT to protect him, great move! When healthy Pace is still dominant.

Coachnorm

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent OT Orlando Pace (Rams) on a three-year deal.

Bayton

Jerry Angelo, the bears GM, is an incredible Front office man. His main blemish since he took over has been the QB position. That is addressed at this point in time. He deserves alot of credit for building the bears since when he arrived. They now have returned to a stable franchise which they were not before he arrived. The stones to pull of the Cutler deal, while back ended with Pace. Moves that fill positions of need. Pace is well past his prime and recently plagued by injuries. Hope it works out for Pace. But St Loius will drain anyone.

ExperiencedRookie

That is actually a rumor here. The rumor is they are close to signing a WR and that WR is Torry Holt.

That would be great. Building the Chicago Rams.... or maybe not so great.

Seriously though, he would be a nice addition. Cutler needs a vet on this team to throw to.

Someone mentioned to me that there is a WR in Chicago who Cutler played with in Vandy. Might be interesting to keep an eye on that.

Mike

Administrator
Only concern with Pace is that he simply cannot stay healthy. I think I heard tonight (too lazy to look it up) that he has missed 25 games in the past three years?

No denying that he is one of the best in the game though when healthy, and that is a position of dire need in Chicago right now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Only concern with Pace is that he simply cannot stay healthy. I think I heard tonight (too lazy to look it up) that he has missed 25 games in the past three years?

No denying that he is one of the best in the game though when healthy, and that is a position of dire need in Chicago right now.
This is true. Mike has a point. I will say though that all is not lost. They have the rookie OT from last year in Williams, that can play LT or RT. They also signed Schaeffer as a RT. So they have some flexibility now, that they really didn't have last year...on the OL. Nice move by Chicago.