Back to the old guide posts!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I'll cut to the chase!

I'm old school, been playing FF for a long time. Used to love it, still love it. I remember the days before there was a PPR. Now its hard to find a league that does not have PPR, but that's a rant for another time.

It seems we have moved back into what I consider 'familiar territory' where there was a distinct advantage to drafting in the first 3 slots. Yes that's right. We are back to having the lauded 'trinity' of RB's.

In various order DJ, Bell, and Elliot have been going 1-3 in most of the mocks I have done and it makes me happy. Maybe its because I am just too old and stubborn to change but I never abandoned the premise that RB is the most important position on your roster. Not necessarily because they score the most points, in most formats the QB does, but because they are the hardest position to get a consistent reliable starter and quality back ups. Plus its such a hard thing to get a quality RB off the WW mid to late in the season. We know from handcuff scenarios that when the starter goes down it is not a given that the back up will fill the role the same.

I remember last year going into my drafts hoping I didn't get an early pick cause I thought there was so much better value to have that late 1st early 2nd picks.

Not this year. I am hunting for early first rd so I can snag one of the trinity.
Get a good sleeper like Howard was last year and you should have a pretty dominant roster unless you just pick disasters at all your other positions.

I feel like I am home again. None of that WR drafted first foolishness!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'll cut to the chase!

I'm old school, been playing FF for a long time. Used to love it, still love it. I remember the days before there was a PPR. Now its hard to find a league that does not have PPR, but that's a rant for another time.

It seems we have moved back into what I consider 'familiar territory' where there was a distinct advantage to drafting in the first 3 slots. Yes that's right. We are back to having the lauded 'trinity' of RB's.

In various order DJ, Bell, and Elliot have been going 1-3 in most of the mocks I have done and it makes me happy. Maybe its because I am just too old and stubborn to change but I never abandoned the premise that RB is the most important position on your roster. Not necessarily because they score the most points, in most formats the QB does, but because they are the hardest position to get a consistent reliable starter and quality back ups. Plus its such a hard thing to get a quality RB off the WW mid to late in the season. We know from handcuff scenarios that when the starter goes down it is not a given that the back up will fill the role the same.

I remember last year going into my drafts hoping I didn't get an early pick cause I thought there was so much better value to have that late 1st early 2nd picks.

Not this year. I am hunting for early first rd so I can snag one of the trinity.
Get a good sleeper like Howard was last year and you should have a pretty dominant roster unless you just pick disasters at all your other positions.

I feel like I am home again. None of that WR drafted first foolishness!
You make great points. The key is, those top Rbs are not just runners, they are great receivers as well. In ppr I will target top receiving rbs as much as high use Wrs just to get the double whammy of running and receiving.

Guys like Elliot, DJ, Bell who get tons of touches not just running but also on screens and quick outs and can make moves to get more yardage. Reminds me of the days of Faulk and Sanders!!