Alex Smith traded to the Redskins

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It won't be official until the new NFL season cranks up in March but the deal is done. Cousins set to hit the open market and will likely become the NFL's highest paid player. That's such a joke.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
KC gets 3rd rd pick plus Cb Kendall Fuller from Wash.
Add to that, it is rumored that A.Smith got a 4 year extension for 71 million guaranteed.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Interesting tid bit, per reports at least 6 teams showed interest in A.Smith - Arizona and Cleveland confirmed, but no idea how far talks went before Washington made their deal.

ExperiencedRookie

Absolutely love this deal for KC. They get cap space, they've got Mahomes ready to roll, they get a fantastic slot corner in Fuller AND a draft pick.

WTF is Washington doing?!?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Absolutely love this deal for KC. They get cap space, they've got Mahomes ready to roll, they get a fantastic slot corner in Fuller AND a draft pick.

I get what Washington is doing...somewhat. A.Smith is a safe option. He is a much more known quantity than cousins. He won't make the big turnover, and he is actually more mobile than Cousins. He is also the solid vet to help develop the young Wr core they have, which from some rumblings I have heard was an issue with Cousins(he was really ticked he lost his two vet Wrs.).

What I don't get is the Cb. He by alot of reports was the best DB they had, and they also sent a pick. So I agree KC made out like Bandits here. Just hope Maholmes is what they think he is.

efactor

Coming at you

Yeah, they have really made a mess of the Cousins situation, which has led them to this point where they are trading for an older QB, giving him a big pay day AND giving up a really good young CB along with a decent pick.

They are behind last year now. Smith and Cousins are close to a wash (Cousins being younger though) and now they have to replace Fuller. Not a good way to rebuild.