• Height - 6'4"
  • Weight - 311
  • 40 Time - 5.12
  • Bench Reps -
  • Vert. Jump -
  • Broad Jump -
Draft Projection – 1st Round

NFL Impact:
Mack considered coming out for the draft last year but opted to stay in school for his senior year when told he was a 2nd rounder after submitting his paperwork to the NFL. Highly intelligent winner of the “Draddy Trophy” (Academic Heisman Award) will have no problem learning the playbook and reading defences. High character and excellent work ethic should make for a very well thought of “Team Player”. Solidly built and staying low in his pads with descent footspeed, good agility, and balance. Despite his good speed he is not really explosive and can be a little stiff in the hips. Is effective on pulls or traps if he winds up playing at Guard for a while

So where do you think Mack will land? How successful will he be in the NFL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8bjtM6dSC4&NR=1"]YouTube - C Alex Mack Highlights California 2008[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This is another guy I am very high on. He has the makings of a 10 year NFL starter and has the intelligence level to make all the calls needed up front. Center's usually slide to the end of the first or early 2nd and there are some teams in that range that could be all over him. If Indy let's Saturday get away they could jump in and take him towards the end of rd 1. Pittsburgh is another possibility. If he somehow manages to get to round 2, Seattle and Cincinnati would be very pleased to see him sitting there and could even be candidates to deal up a few spots to get him.

Arctic Dawgs

This is another guy I am very high on. He has the makings of a 10 year NFL starter and has the intelligence level to make all the calls needed up front. Center's usually slide to the end of the first or early 2nd and there are some teams in that range that could be all over him. If Indy let's Saturday get away they could jump in and take him towards the end of rd 1. Pittsburgh is another possibility. If he somehow manages to get to round 2, Seattle and Cincinnati would be very pleased to see him sitting there and could even be candidates to deal up a few spots to get him.

Yup, that is 4 teams right in the area that could jockey around a bit for Mack or Unger. All my Seattle projections have them getting the 1 of them that slips a bit in the 2nd round. I would not be suprised to see that happen. This is a very deep draft for Oline. Most mocks I have seen have around 6 Olinemen going in Rd #1. (have even seen a couple with 8)

Arctic Dawgs

Wow, This email from Fanball caught me off guard. I'm not buying it

Mar 19, 2009 08:57 AM CDT
Mack on Browns' radar
The News
Draft prospect Alex Mack (Californa) is on the Browns' radar, according to CantonRep.com.
Our View
Hank Fraley is a solid center for Cleveland, but will turn 32 in September. Mack is not a great athlete but he is tough and plays with a high motor. He will work hard and could develop into a starter down the road. He is projected to go in the third round.

I wonder where that statement came from ?? :headscratch:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
That's one of the more laughable statements I've seen in any forum regarding Mack or any other draft prospect, for that matter.
AD, I know from previous statements that you are as high on Mack and Unger as I am, and there is absolutely no way either one is a 3rd rounder.
Neither one makes it into the mid-2nd, in my opinion.
I think I'd much rather get my draft information from this site and its' contributors than from whatever the hell amateur operation is going on at "CantonRep.com"

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah, fanball is in left field on this one. Mack, Unger and probally even Wood will not make in past the mid part of the 2nd, and I'll be shocked if either Mack or Unger make it to Cincy in the 2nd.