AFC Championship Game Discussion Thread - Colts vs Jets

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Lets make it perfectly clear :jetssuck: :jetssuck2:
After going the back door way into the playoffs, Ryan will show the movie "Broke Back Mountain" to inspire the troops

Ryan will finally have to shut his trap :tapeshut: on how his Jets are the team to beat.

The Ravens ran all over the Patriots and thought it could do the same v.s. the Colts, Wrong.

The Jets will no doubt try the same run first tactic (since thats all they got) and will be denied. Sanchez is going to get schooled by Manning & Co.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Anything can happen, but I just dont see Colts screwing the pooch like the Chargers did. 24-13 Colts.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I keeping writing the Jets off and they keep moving forward.

On the one hand Revis can't cover all the Colt targets, but on the other if Shonn Greene gets 20+ carries, chances are the Jets are winning.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Revis struggled to cover VJax, Gates, Floyd, even Kris Wilson walked into the end zone...

Revis island isn't a lonely place; Leonhard, Rhodes and Strickland are moving into beach front condos. IF the Jets can stay focused and don't let their heads get too big for their britches, this could be a better game than most of you expect.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I gotta go with the Colts in this one, New York will put up a fight (I think) but in the end Manning and Co will be too much. Wayne will have a quite game unless they move Revis around like they did against SD. 27-17 Colts.

cctekguy

Staff member
Are you thinking that maybe the Colts wish they had knocked out the Jets when they had the chance?

They'd be facing Miami right now.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Reggie Wayne's Escape from Revis Island:

You might have survived New England. You might have escaped from Baltimore. But this is Revis Island, vato. And you're about to find out that this ****ing island can kill anybody!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If they cover Reggie there's still plenty of targets for Manning to hit. Colts have to have a mental breakdown and the Jets have to all get on the same smoke that Sanchez has been smoking for the Jets to advance.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
What I posted in another thread ;)

I LOVE IRONY!

I am also a huge NY JETS fan this week!!! :thrash:

Why you ask?

Look at what could happen. All it would have taken is for the Jets to lose one of its final two games and they are out of the playoffs. But Indy decides to tank, and Cincy didn't give it all they had. So what happens??? Yep, Jets get in...and Knock the Bengals out...and then upset the Chargers. Guess who they face now....Yep the Colts. Oh, and before folks Pooh, pooh this. I watched that Colts game....and Manning and Co. were struggling mightily with the Jets while they were playing...and now they face a Gang Green Monster that has a Major win streak going....AND just whipped you to get into the playoffs.

God...I would SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love to see the Jets knock Peyton out of this shot at a superbowl!!! :nod:

mills

Who would the Colts rather face, the Jets who they were ahead until the 4th quarter then decided to put in 3rd stringers and lose on purpose or the Texans who came a field goal away in both games this season from beating them... my guess are the Jets.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Who would the Colts rather face, the Jets who they were ahead until the 4th quarter then decided to put in 3rd stringers and lose on purpose or the Texans who came a field goal away in both games this season from beating them... my guess are the Jets.
Peyton was pulled just after the half I believe.

Jetdoc

What I'm interested in is the eerie similarity to what we saw last weekend:

1. High powered offense against incredible defense. Indy prevailed against Baltimore, Jets prevailed against San Diego.

2. Mediocre defense against incredible rushing attack. Indy was able to stop Baltimore, San Diego wasn't able to stop the Jets.

Man, this is a toss up in my eyes. I just don't see anyone predicting a blowout to be in their right state of mind...

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The Chargers are not the Colts, Rivers is not Manning (not even close) the Colts if able to contain the Jets running game a bit like against the Ravens and make Sanchez pass 20 times or more he will mess up with rookie mistakes as the pressure will get to him.

It may be a semi close game but the Colts relentless offensive attack will keep the Jets defense on there heels

Toss Up, dont think so. The Colts will cover the spread winning by 2 TD's

mills

I wouldn't say the Jets blew the chargers out of the water or anything... If Kaeding made those three FG's, it would have been a completely different game. With that said, the Colts win this one easy and Sanchez wakes up from his dream.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I'm very excited to see Greene and company put it to the Colts. They are underdogs but have the defense to hold Indie. If Sanchez can remain poised they have a real chance at keeping the game interesting. Manning is the real key here (duh), but I've seen him struggle before and I hope he has one of those days against the Jets. GO JETS!!!