2018 NFL Fantasy Lineup Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzil

Last week, Phicin said bench Cook for Conner, which, excellent call, but everybody else blew rocky mountain oysters and i was against tyreek hill. Also, Cook did get the healthy share of touches and looked really good. Conner went pretty hard, and who knows how long I have him. He/you also said always start David Johnson, which, I know and have always played by the whole start your studs maxim. However, having seen some of that game as well... The Cardinals are bad. Really bad. They just paid him big. When they are down 20 plus weekly, they may just bench him. Why ride him when they are getting stomped? Anyway, I did NOT want Johnson in this league. However, my computer froze. So I have him. I am thinking he may be the bench this week, but again, my WR are seemingly so bad, and if Watson is on his RG3 like sophomore tour, this season is probably done, and I will be a salty ass all year. Football is already shitty to watch, so maybe you guys can help me glean a tiny bit of Sunday happiness... Standard league, 6 pts for all QB TD, and some IDP love usually helps me out

QB Watson @ TEN
WR T.Y. Hilton @WAS
WR Marvin Jones @ SF (yes, both of these drafts I went RB heavy and my wr suck)
RB David Johnson @ LAR (I coulda had freakin Kamara. I may have taken him first overall had I had the pick in any league. ANyway, I am thinking bench Johnson)
TE Njoku @ NO (He didn't do a goddamn thing last week, and this is a 14 teamer so... no waiver TE)
Flex Conner vs KC
K Tucker (mediocre again)
DEF Rams vs AZ
D Telvin Smith Sr vs NE (not as much involvement last week as I hoped)
D Reshad Jones @ NYJ

BN Jamaal Williams vs Min (nope)
BN Jameis Winston OUT
BN Dalvin Cook @ GB (again, I am thinking play cook, take out johnson)
BN Randall Cobb vs MIN (maybe he is a decent play, if Rodgers and Davante Adams play the attention of that D may be on adams and graham

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
PPR

Hobbled Landry tonight vs NYJ

DeSean MNF vs Steelers

Cole vs Titans

Allen Robinson @ Zona

Davante Adams @ Redskins

Which one to sit? I lean Landry, what say you Doc?

Also do I sit

Beast Mode @ Fish

or

James White @ Lions?

Same PPR league. I'm starting Gio so only one of these underperformers get to take the fireld for me.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
.5 PPR... need 2 out of the 3 following players -

Lamar Miller vs NYG
Nelson Algohor vs Colts
Corey Clement vs Colts (assuming Ajayi and Sproles sit)

Thanks!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
PPR

Hobbled Landry tonight vs NYJ

DeSean MNF vs Steelers

Cole vs Titans

Allen Robinson @ Zona

Davante Adams @ Redskins

Which one to sit? I lean Landry, what say you Doc?

Also do I sit

Beast Mode @ Fish

or

James White @ Lions?

Same PPR league. I'm starting Gio so only one of these underperformers get to take the fireld for me.
So hopefully you started Landry as he played and played okay. If not, DeSean vs. Steelers looks really tasty rigt now. I think Cole could be solid as well vs. Titans, and Robinson is flavor of the week in Chi. Adams vs. Redskins is a win as long as Rodgers plays. So not playing Landry won't kill you. If you did play Landry, I would sit Cole, as I think Fournette is back this week and it will be run heavy.

I would sit Beast Mode - Fish have an okay defense, and James White is getting use in passing game.

Phicinfan

Administrator
.5 PPR... need 2 out of the 3 following players -

Lamar Miller vs NYG
Nelson Algohor vs Colts
Corey Clement vs Colts (assuming Ajayi and Sproles sit)

Thanks!
IF and only IF Ajayi is out - go Clement and Algohor, if Ajayi plays I would go Miller and Algohor

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No Landry and I was feeling great about that when I went to bed with 3 minutes left in the first half. Taylor looked like crap and My Jets DEF was riding high as well. I had sweet dreams. Alas I awoke to a different story. I have too many sartable WR's in that league. Picking the right ones is impossible.

Phicinfan

Administrator
No Landry and I was feeling great about that when I went to bed with 3 minutes left in the first half. Taylor looked like crap and My Jets DEF was riding high as well. I had sweet dreams. Alas I awoke to a different story. I have too many sartable WR's in that league. Picking the right ones is impossible.
That is always a risk if you have built a team well, making the decision on who to start and not gets to be way too dicey. Might be time to offer a trade to fix another area?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Good luck with that. "E" seems to be the only one I've found that has been willing to trade and he's loaded at WR as well. I'll continue trying though.

gizzil

Marvin Jones Jr sounds like he may play? Have not heard much about his injury. In one league I could start him or randall cobb @ was at flex... Or go waiver hunting. In another I could go with shepard@ hou, jared cook @ mia, lockett vs dal, allison @ was, or calvin ridley vs n.o. on waivers and drop one of those guys

Phicinfan

Administrator
Marvin Jones Jr sounds like he may play? Have not heard much about his injury. In one league I could start him or randall cobb @ was at flex... Or go waiver hunting. In another I could go with shepard@ hou, jared cook @ mia, lockett vs dal, allison @ was, or calvin ridley vs n.o. on waivers and drop one of those guys
Well Marvin has been missing in action for weeks. Looks like Tate and Golladay are the top two in Detroit for now.
That being said, and I know this is too late for you, but Ridley sure looks like the real deal. he tanked week 1 but has gotten better in week 2 and exploded today. Might be worth a snag instead of holding onto Jones

gizzil

I would probably drop shepard or allison, or jared cook before jones I gotta think... The talent is there and I have seen him wide open getting overthrown on bombs for what should have been long TD 4 times. That said, I think my hunches have been pretty on point this year (I did pick up Ridley in some leagues and play him in some draft and dfs), and though I am over 140 this week, If I had listened to them It could have been 170.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I would probably drop shepard or allison, or jared cook before jones I gotta think... The talent is there and I have seen him wide open getting overthrown on bombs for what should have been long TD 4 times. That said, I think my hunches have been pretty on point this year (I did pick up Ridley in some leagues and play him in some draft and dfs), and though I am over 140 this week, If I had listened to them It could have been 170.
Maybe, in the end I think those three will all be in about the same place. I am feeling better a bit for sheppard as Engram is out now, and Eli has a Rt that can block now that Flowers is on the bench.

But of the three - I would go Allison, then Jones then Sheppard I guess.

efactor

Coming at you
Well Marvin has been missing in action for weeks. Looks like Tate and Golladay are the top two in Detroit for now.
That being said, and I know this is too late for you, but Ridley sure looks like the real deal. he tanked week 1 but has gotten better in week 2 and exploded today. Might be worth a snag instead of holding onto Jones

Well, Jones has 2 TDS this year and had just missed on 3 other long TDS. Not easy catches, but ones he definitely could have come down with. Wouldn’t call him “missing in action”. He’s never been a target monster. Decent yardage and TD guy. Averaging 8 targets a game so far this year which if it continues, would be the most in his career.

He will put up nice #2/3 numbers.

efactor

Coming at you
Big Mike Williams against my Niners or Chris “Mr Touchdown” Godwin against the Bears? Full PPR.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
2 questions - .5 ppr...

need 1 of the following WR's...
Chris Hogan vs Miami
Amari Cooper vs Cleveland
Doug Baldwin @ AZ

and pick a QB

Rodgers vs Buffalo or
Ryan vs Cin

Thanks

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
Have Ben and Mahomes on my roster in a couple leagues. Hard to sit Mahomes, but Monday night on the road against Denver. Ben at home against an overrated Raven defense looks pretty tasty.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.