2010 NFL Draft - 1st round

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Yeah. That totally wasn't a need.

I just vomited in my mouth a little, which I promised myself I would do every time I heard Tebow use the terms "blessed" and/or "work ethic"

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I had Minny locked into Clausen after his fall started, but didn't count on Kyle Wilson sitting there on a silver platter. He should be their pick.

mills

I bet Clausen is throwing up a bit too. Throwing up in excitement to walk into a playoff team.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
if the Vikings are looking at Clausen, this is a brilliant move to accrue picks and only move back 4 spots past teams with franchise QB's.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
McCoy isn't shocking. He's sorta been considered the consolation prize for whichever QB-needy team passed on Clausen in the top-10.

Now Clausen seems to be the consolation prize for whichever QB-needy team passed on Clausen in the top-10.

Kindle is the true stunner to me. Unless his relatively mild questionable background scared everyone.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Why are people shocked at Clausen? Ignore Kippy the Hair (mel kipper) people!!!!

McCoy>Clausen. McCoy was never a consolation prize for those who lost Clausen, he is better than Clausen.

efactor

Coming at you
Pretty happy with my Niners right now. Love the double dip on the OL. That was the weak point of the team and assuming both contribute immediately, their offense should be able to stay on the field so the defense can get a break.

I was surprised they traded up to get Davis as a 4th seemed a heavy price but apparently there were other teams that were also to move up to grab Davis. Not that I put a ton of stock in Kiper, but he made a comment that if Davis had come back for his senior year, he would be a top 3-5 pick in 2011. Had they not gotten one of the OTs that they coveted, this draft would not have been considered a success. Guess they liked Davis a lot more than Buloga and wanted to make sure they got him. Still think he would have been there at 13, but who knows for sure?

Great picks.................