2009 NFL Draft RB's, after the top two

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Most rankings seem to have Moreno and Wells as 1-2.......but what after that? Who do you feel is the RB that separates himself from the bunch? You have a grouping that seems to center around McCoy, D. Brown, A, Brown, S. Greene....anyone else in the conversation? Any other sleepers you like to shine from later in the rankings?

Personally I feel that McCoy jumps into the top group and is right there with both Moreno and Wells. In mu mind there is a separation from the top 3 to Brown. In know many like Brown, but I see him more as a jack of all trades, yet master of none type back. Great back-up, but limited as a go to guy. The three I have above him are all go to guys IMO.

Runnik's Hambones

The guy that I love, among those you listed, is Javon Ringer out of MSU. I freaking love this guy. He's fallen a bit too far in rankings, IMO, because of duribility questions. I just don't see it. The guy ran the ball 390 times last season and was more than productive. He had over 1600 yards and 22 TDs on the ground.

Whoever drafts this guy in even the 2nd round I think is getting a steal.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Then you will really think the team that gets him in the 3rd or 4th round. I like Ringer, but I don't know if I see him as having that "star power". But his value on draft day will be good.

Runnik's Hambones

See, that's the thing. Most people I talk to feel the way you do, but I'm so high on Ringer that I think he does have that "star power." I'm very high on the guy.

bobbeaux

this is a funny year for the rb position . . . most teams have their starters and are looking for depth and/or a good complement to what they already have . . . i like rashad jennings from liberty as a solid inside runner and short yardage back . . . he also has great hands to offer another target for the qb . . . i think i like him a bit better than andre brown . . . both should be gone in the 3rd . . . ;)

Rashad Jennings | Liberty Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

ExperiencedRookie

Im pretty high on Shonn Greene. This kid is a HARD runner.

He could be a good "thunder" in a "thunder and lightning combo.

Similar to Lendale, except not such a fat ass.

Arctic Dawgs

I think Ringer and Jennings are a mild tier behind the the 4 you mentioned Miller. I was looking at the mock yesterday and was suprised to see all 4 that you mentioned still on the board. I don't think that will happen in the real Draft. 2 of those 4 should be gone by the middle of the 2nd Rd I think

I've been juggling Wells, McCoy and Moreno at the top three all off season and agree there is a definite drop after them. Can't say for sure if I have the final rankings for those 3 yet but I have them listed as they are currently ranked.

The next tier of RB's consist of D. Brown, Greene and Jennings with A. Brown maybe slipping in as well. I'm in the same situation as with the top three. The grouping is there but there has been some movement D. Brown and Greene have switched back and forth and the same with Jennings and A. Brown.

I am not a Ringer fan but in the interest of full disclosure I am a U of M fan so it may not be an objective evaluation. I might take him if he drops further than expected but I could see me taking someone like Devin Moore ahead of him.