• Brian Orakpo DE Texas

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay folks, you know the drill. Lets see who we as a consensus vote of the Sportsoutlaw experts think teams should take. The rules are simple, please choose one of the players listed and vote. Or, if you prefer, choose other, and then post who you would have taken. After 24hrs, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be awarded to that team. We will be going off the draft order now set...so if there are trades...we will see what happens.

Kansas City is on the clock!

Draft Order:
  1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford Qb Georgia
  2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
  3. Kansas City Chiefs
  4. Seattle Seahawks
  5. Cleveland Browns
  6. Cincinnati Bengals
  7. Oakland Raiders
  8. Jacksonville Jaguars
  9. Green Bay Packers
  10. San Francisco 49ers
  11. Buffalo Bills
  12. Denver Broncos
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. New Orleans Saints
  15. Houston Texans
  16. San Diego Chargers
  17. New York Jets
  18. Chicago Bears
  19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
  21. Philadelphia Eagles
  22. Minnesota Vikings
  23. New England Patriots
  24. Atlanta Falcons
  25. Miami Dolphins
  26. Baltimore Ravens
  27. Indianapolis Colts
  28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina)
  29. New York Giants
  30. Tennessee Titans
  31. Arizona Cardinals
  32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited by a moderator:

Runnik's Hambones

I was between Jason Smith and Brian here. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Brian Orakpo. When it came down to it, what the Chiefs needed the most, IMO, was defense. With that said, Curry came to mind as well, but it all starts with the pass rush, so I went with the DE.

It should be Curry. With the Dorsey pick last year, I think Curry, Derrick Johnson, the CB they drafted Flowers maybe? and Dorsey, they would have the building blocks for a dominating defense.

bodey24

Staff member
Im going with Curry as well. They took Dorsey last year to help there D-line and Curry looked very impressive at the combine.

bobbeaux

at this spot, they have to go with curry . . . they would be smart to trade down and get a de and a lb though . . . ;)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I too have to go Curry. With the news of the cut of Edwards...they are seriously lacking at LB. I agree Orakpo is a good option as well, but to me Curry is the best player available...and will be a game changer.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Phic is right on point with the Edwards release comment. I went Curry here for the same reason, plus I believe he earned this spot by doing what he needed to do at the Combine. Smith was tempting but KC went 1st round lineman last year with B.Albert, and I think there are far more quality O-linemen available in rounds 2-5 than last year. Sanchez wasn't really a consideration here because I don't think ex-Cardinals OC Todd Haley wants to watch another mediocre USC QB hold a clipboard for the foreseeable future.
If he's the real deal, Curry can be the next Derrick Thomas that KC fans have been waiting for.