2009 Combine

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Impressive performances so far:

• Jared Cook, TE, SCar, ran a 4.5 40 and showed off his 41' vertical.
  • Shawn Nelson, TE, So Miss ran 4.56 40
  • Cornelius Ingram, TE, Fla ran a 4.68 showing he still has some speed after his ACL surgery.
  • Jason Smith, OT, Baylor was impressive in his workouts today. Kid is big and athletic and seems to be helping himself a lot this week.

I heard a lot of Dustin Keller/Jared Cook comparisons. I think that Cook is one of the guys who is really improving his draft stock here at the combine.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah, I heard the same comparison on cook today. Keller is one that like Cook, greatly improved his stock at the combine.

Arctic Dawgs

what was the deal with the smith OT from bama just bolting the scene? what an idiot.

:headscratch:

Alabama OT Smith skips combine workout
Posted: February 21st, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Andre Smith
andre_smith_headshot.jpg

Offensive tackle prospect Andre Smith from Alabama said Thursday he wasn’t sure whether he would work out for scouts at this week’s combine. Friday, he announced he’d only work out at Alabama’s pro day March 11. Saturday, Smith was announced as missing.
According to an announcement inside Lucas Oil Stadium for the benefit of scouts in attendance, Smith’s whereabouts were unknown for a time Saturday morning. About 30 minutes before he was scheduled to work out, he finally was located, but there were conflicting stories about why he was absent.
Smith, projected to be drafted as high as No. 2 overall by the Rams, came into the combine with some question marks. He was suspended from Alabama’s appearance in the Sugar Bowl for alleged improper contact with an agent, and he reportedly has struggled to keep his weight in check.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
what was the deal with the smith OT from bama just bolting the scene? what an idiot.
He just gave a how to lessen of what not to do at the combine. For a guy who's work ethic to be in question and then to not be ready to work out for the scouts there....what a mistake. On the other side of the coin, his loss may be Jason Smith's gain as he has been lights out all week at the combine and may be challenging A Smith and Monroe for the top OT spot in the draft.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Heyward Bey was the star of the WR's today running a 4.30

RB's are running the 40 now.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ian Johnson just put up a very respectable 4.38, like this kid, hope he does well.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
RB times so far are coming is pretty slow for the top backs. Moreno 4.55; Wells 4.57

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yep, no Chris Johnson this year, RB's were much slower this year than last year.

Ian Johnson and Kory Sheets were the best at 4.38

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i couldnt understand what happened to ian johnson at boise this year. he looked like he hit the 30 year old wall or something.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ouch! These official times are just brutal!

Cedric Peerman 4.45
Ian Johnson 4.46
Kory Sheets 4.47
Andre Brown 4.49
Donald Brown 4.51
Javaress Williams 4.52
Mike Goodson 4.54
Bernard Scott 5.56
Glan Coffee 4.58
Chris Wells 4.59

That is the top 10.....yuck

DearbornDolfan

I continue to be impressed by Pat White as a QB. I also believe Sanchez to be the next Brett Favre, as in he'll be an interception producing machine.

dukdown

Banned
I thought Matthew Stafford really seperated himself from Mark Sanchez today. Sanchez really struggled today, while Stafford looked like a real athlete running the 40. I wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez cost himself a 1st round selection with his performance today.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I expected the combine to be the perfect arena for Marcus Freeman and boy was it! His numbers were right up there overall with the top LB's!
Tied for 7th in the 40 - 4.74
Tied for 1st in the Bench - 30
Tied for 1st in the vertical jump - 37
4th in the 3 cone - 6.98
1st in the 20 yd Shuttle - 4.12

Only major category he was not top 10 in was the Broad Jump

Some other studs at LB today were:
Aaron Curry
1st in the 40 - 4.56
8th in the Bench - 25
Tied for 1st in the vertical jump - 37
1st in the Broad Jump - 10'4"