1/22/2012 NFL NFC Conference Playoff Game NYGiants @ SF 49ers Sun. 6:30 pm Fox

Coachnorm

Now that we determined that Defense wins Championships, how about this one?

I must admit the small part of the Niners game I ended up watching I was impressed with the Niners D as every hit I saw was punishing...... not just a tackle...... punishing.

The Giants have almost everything working well.... although I am not so impressed with their running game. A couple of very timely large gains vs the Pack but otherwise.......hmmmm?

A close game? the Vegas boys say so.

Coachnorm

Frank Gore vs the Giants.

Frank Gore suffered a right leg injury on the final drive of the 49ers' Saturday win over the Saints, but says he'll be fine for the NFC Championship Game. "I feel good," Gore said. "I'll do whatever it takes to get to the Super Bowl." Gore was curiously given just 13 carries in the Divisional Round, but should be a much bigger part of the game plan against a New York defense that figures to make life tough on Alex Smith. Gore had his worst game of the season in San Francisco's Week 10 win over the Giants, carrying the ball six times for zero yards.

Coachnorm

WR/KR Ted Ginn (knee) is questionable for Sunday's game against the Giants, the Sacramento Bee reports. Ginn is not expected to play, however. Kyle Williams is likely to pick up his workload.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Kinda pulling for SF now. And Baltimore in the afc. Don't have any interest in seeing a NY v NE SB rematch. SF v Baltimore sounds a little more interesting to me.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NYG win a thriller in OT. Fitting that the 49ers kind of gave away the game since they were given their win the week before by the Saints and 5 turnovers.