1/10/09 - Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Smash Mouth at its best. Ravens defense dominated them at home and if not for that questionable call would have beaten them. Another team that runs the ball better than they throw, which plays right into the hands of the Ravens defense. Last time they went into Tenn for a playoff game they handed the Titans their first ever loss in their new stadium.....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I am looking forward to this game more than any others. It will be bloody, violent, smashmouth football at its finest. Ray Lewis vs Lendale White. Ed Reed vs Chris Johnson. LaRon McClain vs Keith Bullock. Derrick Mason vs Cortland Finnergan (sp?).

Very nice indeed.

Runnik's Hambones

Part of me wants to take the Ravens, because they're freaking awesome. I'm 4-0 so far in my playoff picks. I think I'm going with TN to surprise the country and prove why they're the #1 seed. Give me 50K on the Titans!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Thats 50K you've given back. I'd like to track hom much money we "give" back to VB economy....the part Bomb doesn't own.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This could end up the best game of the whole playoff year. This and the Eagles v. Giants. Once again the playoffs will be much, much better than the superbowl.

As for the game....This will be smash mouth, game position type game. I look for Tenn, to come out on top..but be very blodied once it is over. This could very well end up a 13 - 9 type affair.

Coachnorm

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans

Week 2, 2005: Titans 25, Ravens 10
Brad Kassel's 21-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter helped Tennessee celebrate its 2005 home opener. The Titans held Baltimore to just 14 yards rushing and 182 total yards of offense in front of a sold-out crowd.

Week 10, 2006: Ravens 27, Titans 26
Steve McNair rallied the Ravens back from a 19-point deficit against his former team, completing 19 of 47 passes for 373 yards and three touchdowns. Trevor Pryce blocked a 43-yard field goal attempt by Rob Bironas to preserve the win in the game's final minute.

Week 5, 2008: Titans 13, Ravens 10
Joe Flacco and Kerry Collins each threw a pair of interceptions, but Collins' 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Alge Crumpler gave the Titans the lead for good in the fourth quarter. Tennesse improved to 5-0 with the win.

This is a great matchup for this weekend but it could end up being a defensive battle. Two Big Ds meeting up here. The Ravens just last week in it's Wildcard Matchup with the Dolphins made a Bold Defensive statement, we are the hottest D in the Playoffs. The Titans D on the other hand may have greatly benifitted from having a bye week off as it sounds lie the battered duo of Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch may be healed up enough to go this week. The Ravens lost a close low scoring matchup to the Titans in week 5. Since then Flacco and the Ravens O have made some real strides in production. If you look at most of the regular stats these two teams are almost dead even.

Coachnorm

Titans C Kevin Mawae missed practice Wednesday. He sounds iffy for the game. Big deal you say? A healthy Mawae is important to the Titans rushing attack. Did you know that Mawae is one of the few centers in the NFL capable of pulling with the guards and blocking on sweeps? The Titans rushing game on the edges is greatly enhansed by this centers blocking. Will he play? Just another thing to watch for during the game.

Coachnorm

All-Pro center Kevin Mawae won't play for the Tennessee Titans in their AFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday.

Coachnorm

Despite having an extra week of rest thanks to a first-round bye, the Titans ruled C Kevin Mawae (elbow) and DE Dave Ball (back) out for Saturday’s AFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Ravens.

S Tuff Harris (calf) is questionable, while CB Nick Harper (groin), DT Albert Haynesworth (knee), TE Bo Scaife (illness), LB David Thornton (hip) and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch (groin) are all probable. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch rested their injuries late in the regular season and should be ready to go after fully participating in practice for three straight days.

Just like last week, the Ravens’ injury report is long, but most of the players on it will likely see action against the Titans.

The only Ravens player deemed out is LB Antwan Barnes (chest). Listed as questionable are DT Justin Bannan (foot), TE Todd Heap (back), LB Jarret Johnson (calf), WR Derrick Mason (shoulder), S Ed Reed (knee, illness), CB Samari Rolle (thigh), K Matt Stover (right ankle) and CB Fabian Washington (neck).

All of the players currently listed as questionable played in last weekend’s wild-card victory over the Miami Dolphins, and that probably will be the case again Saturday. All of them participated in practice Friday, albeit in a limited fashion.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The Mawae injury is a big one IMO, against this defense, losing the QB of your offensive line is a huge story IMO.

Starting to rethink my pick on this one....

JScott

Administrator
The Mawae injury is a big one IMO, against this defense, losing the QB of your offensive line is a huge story IMO.

I agree Miller. I think this is a very significant injury, big enough that it may even move the Vegas line. It opened at TEN -2.5 and is currently TEN -3.0. If Mawae was playing I could see TEN winning by 3, without him I think BAL getting 2.5 is looking better.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Losing Mawae sucks, but on the plus side Tenn gets Hayneworth and Van Den Bosch back. The week off has to be a benefit to physical teams like this, while Balt comes in banged up.

I'm banking on that and Fisher/Collins experience over the rookie QB/coach.