1/10/09 - Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers

Coachnorm

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers

Week 5, 2005: Panthers 24, Cardinals 20
In what has become a common outcome in the recent history of this series, the Panthers found themselves down late in the game only to come back and win. Steve Smith was once again the catalyst with the go-ahead fourth-quarter touchdown.

Week 6, 2007: Panthers 25, Cardinals 10
Vinny Testaverde came in off the street to play hero for Carolina. The 43-year old, signed just a few days before the game with the Panthers suffering from several injuries, passed for 206 yards and a touchdown to lead a fourth-quarter rally.

Week 8, 2008: Panthers 27, Cardinals 23
Carolina overcame a 14-point second-half deficit behind two acrobatic touchdowns from Steve Smith and then salted away the final six minutes off the clock with a steady diet of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

This is another rematch special and it clould be quite a battle. Weather factor??? Early reports say the the Cards may get a break by playing on Sat. With temps in the 50 as the messy part of the latest cold front sounds like it will be around Pittsburgh on Sunday. These two played a great game earlier this season with the Panthers pulling one off late in the game. The Cards, like the Chargers, also are fighting that teams traveling east trend this weekend. Both teams are pretty healthy except for the Cards WR Boldin who pulled a hammy last week. Keep an eye on this thread as we will be keeping an eye on Boldin.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Cards played them close last time, and will adjust a little. Maybe a little more tight end, a little more run - and Carolina is middle of the pack against the run.

I wish I had more faith in them winning than I do, but 10 points seems too much. I guess it depends on if the Cards defense can give a full 4 quarters and not give up if they fall behind a little.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
The old adage here probably comes into play for me:

If you don't believe the underdog can win the game outright, then don't take the points.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
The old adage here probably comes into play for me:

If you don't believe the underdog can win the game outright, then don't take the points.

I wouldn't know old gambling adages since I'm not a gambler. I seem to put teh jinx on teams I bet on.

:lightbulb: So I'll put money on Carolina :cunning:

Coachnorm

Better news for the Cardinals: WR Anquan Boldin returned to practice Friday and is listed as questionable to play in Saturday’s NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Panthers.

Boldin, who left last week’s wild-card victory over the Falcons in the second quarter because of a hamstring injury, missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before coming back to participate in some of Friday’s session. He said Thursday that he wouldn’t seriously test the hamstring until just before kickoff.

“We’re just trying to be smart about the entire situation and just see how it feels on Saturday,” Boldin told The Associated Press.

If Boldin does play, it would be a huge boost. Boldin injured the hamstring while making a 71-yard touchdown catch (watch video). He had 12 TD receptions in 11 regular-season games.

DE Travis LaBoy (ankle) and TE Ben Patrick (knee) are also questionable for the Cardinals, and TE Leonard Pope (knee) is probable.

The Panthers listed G Geoff Hangartner (ankle) as questionable. DTs Maake Kemoeatu (ankle) and Damione Lewis (shoulder) and OT Jeff Otah (toe), who all fully practiced Friday, are probable.

1 Crazy Commish

This will be my favorite game of the playoffs. Gotta Love Kurt Warner, Cardinals don't even deserve him benching him all they have the last 3 years. I gotta go with STeve Breaston at WR. I don't think Boldin will last the game and Fitzgerald will be double covered by one of the best backfields in the NFL. I think Vegas is gonna blow it with 10 pt. spread. I can't find anyone who will give as much as 7 here. Lotta action on teaser cards for the 4 games going on and this is the #1 of the 4 for that action. I think Warner WILL be intercepted but he'll keep it close. If anyone's not sure who to get for a PK I'd recommend Rackers. Taking a favored team's PK this early will wipe you out by super bowl week.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i will be missing this game, but i wouldnt say i'll really be "missing" it. i expect arizona to be completely exposed while carolina runs wild. i think deangelo and stewart will put up 3-4 TDs and each goes for probably around or over 100 yards. i think the panthers will go up early and actually be able to rest deangelo and steve smith in preparation for next week. the cards will be exposed as super one dimensional and i think even fitz will struggle to get looks without boldin taking coverage away. if anyone knows how to have to take away one receiver, its gotta be the panthers defense. i think this could be a 38-17 type game. i wouldnt be completely stunned to see the cards get a back door cover after the game is out of hand, and that is my one fear, but not enough to stay away here.

Runnik's Hambones

Gunna put the vbucks down on Carolina. They're the better team, imo. My only fear is that the spread wont get covered, for the sake of my vbucks. But I'm torn because I actually would like to see the Cards win this.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I'm so torn. Carolina will win this game but will they cover. that is what I'm torn about. I'm learning towards taking the points.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Say, did you guys know Carolina beat the Lions, at home, by less than 10 points? Didja? Just throwing that out there.

Coachnorm

A lot of vbucks on the Panthers. The whole site may get sucked down the drain if that many vbucks get flushed. :)