Would you boycott the NFL over players protesting the National Anthem?

Due to players disrespect for our flag I am/am not willing to boycott for?

• I'm not giving up the NFL no matter what

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I see nothing wrong with what they are doing

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'll boycott them for this week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'll boycott them until they stop doing this

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm done watching the NFL over this

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
gv101017dAPR20171009114517.jpg

Patriotism wins out. Useful Idiot Roger Goodell has spoken:
Roger Goodell Tells NFL Teams They Should Stand for Anthem: Protest Eroding 'Unifying Power of Game'

jjtweeks

Goodell has no principal other than money. Not one to say told you so but it was obvious the NFL would lose this fight

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Stephen A. Smith Says "NFL’s Right To Make Players Stand Is Indisputable". If you don't like your boss or your workplace, and no one is discriminating towards you, go find another job.

People been upset why Smith wasn't let go at ESPN in the big layoff. But this cat tells it like it is.

Speaking of cats:
1e12d0698cfa9914e1f0e986a9bdfad6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Another ESPN dude who says it like it is, Michael Wilbon, sticks his foot in his mouth by stating, NFL owners are like plantation owners. This is getting out of hand. If you all went to history class, plantation owners forced slaves to work, and did not allow any slave unions. As my history books showed, slaves were not allowed to quit.

NFL players are allowed to strike and quit their million dollar job. They just are not allowed to do as they please at the area of work. Period. I'm not allowed to come to work in my under garments, so if I'm unhappy, I can quit.

NFL players, you guys should go on strike. That'll fix everything ...[facepalm] [faceplant] [rake]

P.S. it'd be surprising if Zeke or Dez tells Jerry Jones that he's gonna sit Week 7 out, since he wants to kneel.

P.S.S. ESPN is getting slammed on both sides. Candle burning ceremony.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Rishard Matthews tweeted (since then deleted) that he’d retire from football if he was forced to stand for the anthem. (AP).

Now that is standing up for something and not let people push you around. Unless you delete it.

Arctic Dawgs

Wish they would do the same thing with all that coreografted "LOOK at ME" shit/celebrations by the players. Just do not televise it, same as they do not televise when spectators/streakers are on the field. That would pretty well end it. The NFL should fine the networks any time they do televise those actions by players

ExperiencedRookie

Wish they would do the same thing with all that coreografted "LOOK at ME" shit/celebrations by the players. Just do not televise it, same as they do not televise when spectators/streakers are on the field. That would pretty well end it. The NFL should fine the networks any time they do televise those actions by players
If you think that not televising celebrations would put an end to them, then you're sorely mistaken.

There's still fans in the stands for them to do their dance for. Egomaniacs only really require an audience of one. Thousands of fans is more than enough.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's hard for me to imagine that Artic Dawg doesn't enjoy seeing a 340 lb line-man doing the alligator after scoring on a pick six. :D

ExperiencedRookie

Here's one of my all time favorite examples.

While getting blown out 31-3, Donnie Avery catches a TD, and literally pushes a teammate away so he can execute his planned dance moves.

Let that soak in.

efactor

Coming at you
Here's one of my all time favorite examples.

While getting blown out 31-3, Donnie Avery catches a TD, and literally pushes a teammate away so he can execute his planned dance moves.

Let that soak in.

Pretty much what Cam did on Thursday night (except for the blow out part). Teammates come over to celebrate with him and he "shoo's" them away so he can do his Superman thing.

Got his ass kicked the rest of the game, which was perfectly beautiful karma.....................

ExperiencedRookie

Pretty much what Cam did on Thursday night (except for the blow out part). Teammates come over to celebrate with him and he "shoo's" them away so he can do his Superman thing.

Got his ass kicked the rest of the game, which was perfectly beautiful karma.....................
I don't know how anyone could stomach that as a team mate. Total glory hog who basks in the praise when things go right, and pouts on the sidelines when they go bad.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Rocky Bleier, Vietnam vet and former Steelers RB with four Super Bowl rings, states the obvious about NFL protest:

1. When you are at work, no, you don’t have freedom of speech. Do your job. Protest somewhere else.

2. Lack of leadership from Commissioner Goodell and owners led it to go this far.

Yes, some people make more sense than others.

acceef170575405be37af5cace6bb146.jpg

Update: Houston Texans Owner on Protesting Players: ‘We Can’t Have the Inmates Running the Prison’

Truth to Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: