With the first pick who would you draft

Which RB would you take #1 overall? Choose 2!

• Danny Woodhead

• Marshawn Lynch

• Christian McCaffrey,

• Leonard Fournette

• Joe Mixon

• Dalvin Cook

• Kareem Hunt

• Samaje Perine

Results are only viewable after voting.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
This is a deep 8 man keeper PPR league and the best RB's are mostly the rookies with a couple of vets. Who would you draft with the #1 and or the #2 draft choices? For the purpose of this poll please choose 2 RB's. I'd love to hear your reasons if you care to share.

ExperiencedRookie

I'll take the veterans in this case.

Lynch is one of the few RBs in the league who seems to have a lock on all of the work for his team. I believe in the Beast.

Woodhead as my other choice. In PPR, this dude is gold. He has RB1 upside considering the PPR settings. Balt will throw a ton, and Weat isn't good enough to even hold Woody to only passing downs.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Interesting choices especially considering that I didn't spell out all of the rules. In this keeper league you lose the round that you drafted a player if you choose to keep him next season. We do have a FT that allows you to keep a player for one year and lose the 17th round choice. After that season he is off of your team and you are stuck with a FT'd player for the entire season. You can't cut him or trade him. Lynch would look great under those rules. Draft him #1 or #2 and play him this year. If you choose to keep him in '18 you could tag him and he doesn't cost you a #1 next year. To me that makes Lynch even sweeter. That's the problem with drafting rookies with a first round choice in this league. They have to produce quick because you don't have 2-3 years for them to grow into the game as many WR's require. RB's you do tend to hit on but it's far from a sure thing like my Gurley pick 2 years ago. Plenty good enough rookie season but he sure fell far, far short of a first round RB production last year.

Thanks a lot for your reply ER. I'm about to be mostly away from the net for a few days but I'm hoping that all of the Outlaws will choose to chime in on this.

KillerFins

Staff member
I'm not sold on Beast mode, so that is an easy pass especially in a keeper format.

Mac & Fournette are my choices. Like them both better than Woodhead this year, and Woodhead is sneaky old at 32 years old. And he's an injury concern as well.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Cook and McCaffrey. Why? PRR - cook will be the main back, but he will also be used in passing game. McCaffrey will be Bush, his first year in N.O. Will be used as WR as well as Rb.

cctekguy

Staff member
Cook and McCaffrey. Why? PRR - cook will be the main back, but he will also be used in passing game. McCaffrey will be Bush, his first year in N.O. Will be used as WR as well as Rb.

SURELY you aren't being honest. :eek:

You are telling a league mate that picks 2 picks ahead of you who you want in the first round? :confused:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
SURELY you aren't being honest. :eek:

You are telling a league mate that picks 2 picks ahead of you who you want in the first round? :confused:
;) go look at all my past comments on this board about McCaffrey - especially in the Hired Guns league stuff

efactor

Coming at you
I voted Cook and Mac.

-Love Mixon long term but O-line is really crappy and 2 vets still hanging around
-Fournette is an inside runner with no pass catching skills behind a bad O-line
-Lynch has a good situation but 2 years removed from real game action and seemed to really enjoy retirement so not sure of his dedication level
-Woodhead 32 and 2 major injuries in last 3 years

Saw Cook and Mac for the first time this weekend and color me impressed. Might actually draft a rookie RB this year if they sneak into round 4.

efactor

Coming at you
Was listening to Sirius FF channel this morning and guess I am way off on McCaffrey. They are talking early to mid 3rd in PPR. Cook mid to late 3rd. Fournette still going late 2nd even with foot concerns and projecting 28 receptions.

People sure get excited over preseason

KillerFins

Staff member
Lack of quality RBs, the big 4 all have potential to be top 10 PPR RBs if not higher. Give me any of the four over the likes of Miller, Crowell, Lynch, Montgomery, Hyde, Ware, Ingram, etc.

cctekguy

Staff member
Lack of quality RBs, the big 4 all have potential to be top 10 PPR RBs if not higher. Give me any of the four over the likes of Miller, Crowell, Lynch, Montgomery, Hyde, Ware, Ingram, etc.

Todd Gurley, Bishop Sankey, Paul Perkins and Derrick Henry all appreciate your show of support for over hyped rookies.

KillerFins

Staff member
Todd Gurley, Bishop Sankey, Paul Perkins and Derrick Henry all appreciate your show of support for over hyped rookies.
That is quite the mixed bag. It's really hard for me to try to determine what your point is, from what I can see you don't have one. I am going to assume that you are listing those players as being once "over hyped rookies" Unfortunately for your argument it just doesn't make any sense.

None of those players you listed are comparable to this years top 4.

I looked at current MFL ADP and the top 4 this year are:
Leonard Fournette - 2.12
Christian McCaffrey - 3.06
Dalvin Cook - 4.02
Joe Mixon - 4.04

All of them are higher than the 4 you listed.

The 4 you listed aren't even close being drafted as high or "Hyped" as you so put it. I looked at those years ADP and this is where MFL had them going, along where they finished their rookie years in PPR format:
Todd Gurley - 9th in PPR in rookie year of 2015 - MFL ADP 5.07
Bishop Sankey - 39th in PPR in rookie year of 2014 - MFL ADP 6.06
Derrick Henry - 45th in PPR in rookie year of 2016 - MFL ADP 8.10
Paul Perkins - 60th in PPR in rookie year of 2016 - MFL ADP 13.02

Todd Gurley was a top 10 FF RB, not sure what you want more from a 5th round pick. Sure last year was a disappointment but his rookie year wasn't.

Bishop Sankey if I recall was at the top of a very bad RB class, he was over drafted because of it.

Derrick Henry had many people upset of where he landed because he had a workhorse in front of him, but still did will in a very limited capacity.

Perkins was a late round flyer, not sure what you expected from him but no one had any real expectations for him in his rookie year.

I still don't really understand what you meant, if I got it rwronf I'd love to hear what you really meant.