SUPERBOWL LI: Picks and Wishes

JScott

Administrator
Is this the best Super Bowl ever? (Figures since I couldn't watch it).

I wouldn't say best (though right up there), but likely the most exciting. There were a handful of single plays by ATL that if any one of them went differently it renders the Pats comeback efforts mute. All those things had to break NE's way in addition to the offensive turnaround in the 2nd half just to get a tie at the end of regulation.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'd say this was one of the most enjoyable, and best to watch. The 2nd half you sat there holding your breath waiting to see what NE would do.

To me it came down to that last drive for ATL. They had a shot at a FG, and lost yards due to hold penalty and sack. Had they made that FG, the comeback would not have happened, not enough time.

give credit to the ATL defense, they fought great, but in the end they were worn out after all those long drives by NE in that last Qtr.

efactor

Coming at you
Was in Cabo watching the game at a beach restaurant called "the Office". Watched it there a couple years ago for Pats-Seahawks too. Two of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. Coincidence? I think not. Making my reservations for next year. Two years ago, they had the big screen facing away from the ocean and I suggested they have it facing the water. This year they did. Was really cool to watch football with that in the background. Food was soooooo good too. Really fun day.

Like most, didn't give the Pats a snowballs chance in hell at 28-3. Then thought they were taking too much time during the comeback with runs and short passes. As much as we think we know as fans, we don't know much. Great game and was sorry when it was over. Wish OT was such that it guaranteed both teams got at least one possession. Better than it used to be when a FG could win it, but still think this would be a good change to make for the playoffs at least.