The QB Wait game

hikeNbike

I go into each draft saying wait on a qb and end up changing my tune when I see a qb drop to me in 6th or so. A good portion of the time though I could have still waited and been ok. Last year Kirk cousins and Bortles were my qbs down the stretch. Hindsight is 20 20 but in retrospect that 6th round pick I spent on Ben could have been valuable receiver depth. Still would have had to choose wisely though and there is no guarantee there will be breakthrough performances by qbs like Bortles, Taylor etc. Still, I am determined though to stick to my guns and wait, wait, wait for a qb in at least one league. Need to see how it turns out. Still I say this but if I see Rodgers sitting there in the 4th/5th would be hard to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Remote Controller

The latest QB I would wait for, and my 5/6th ranked Qb is Eli. I have him right there with Brees and both narrowly behind Luck, due to Lucks rushing td's. (which might decrease by scheme to protect him) Late 7th early 8th is the consensus ADP yet I'm finding him available later.

cctekguy

Staff member
Bucking the trend can pay big dividends. If your whole league subscribes to "wait for a QB" strategy then you can get some really good buys by going a little early.

efactor

Coming at you
Bucking the trend can pay big dividends. If your whole league subscribes to "wait for a QB" strategy then you can get some really good buys by going a little early.

Yep. I have a team in FFPC every year and am usually a 9-10 round QB guy. The live drafts in Vegas are on the Friday and Saturday AFTER the first game. Rodgers was typically a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick but in 2014, they played the opener against Seattle and he sucked. Got him in the 6th that year. Just a case of too good of value to pass up.

If Bree's or Luck falls into the 5th, too good to pass up.