Le'Veon Bell has suspension reduced to 2 games

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Could someone please explain to me why this guy is often going off the boards as the first or second overall RB? I suppose I could understand eating the suspension of two games if he was crazily better than Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson... but he's not.

ExperiencedRookie

Could someone please explain to me why this guy is often going off the boards as the first or second overall RB? I suppose I could understand eating the suspension of two games if he was crazily better than Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson... but he's not.
He's got a few things that those 2 guys don't.

1. A better offense that will provide more scoring opportunities
2. Younger and fresher legs

That's about as far as it goes though.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He's got a few things that those 2 guys don't.

1. A better offense that will provide more scoring opportunities
2. Younger and fresher legs

That's about as far as it goes though.
Ah, here is where I disagree. It is an explosive passing offense, which he is not a real part of, and add to that he has a tendancy to run to destruction, and hit folks rather than try to miss them. While I agree he is a young dynamic back, with two games gone, and his tendancies...I would not draft him in the first.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Ah, here is where I disagree. It is an explosive passing offense, which he is not a real part of, and add to that he has a tendancy to run to destruction, and hit folks rather than try to miss them. While I agree he is a young dynamic back, with two games gone, and his tendancies...I would not draft him in the first.
Bell caught 83 balls last year!

Phicinfan

Administrator
My bad, still would not take him, just me, but I think Big Ben wants to go deep, not dink and dunk. Again, could be wrong, but my 1st round pick has to get me points every game, losing two games hurts, to me.

ExperiencedRookie

My bad, still would not take him, just me, but I think Big Ben wants to go deep, not dink and dunk. .
Antonio Brown is a total dink and dunk artist. Probably one of the best in the game. The fact that Leveon had 83 receptions of the "dink and dunk" variety last year as well shows that Big Ben is fine with it.

maverick824

My bad, still would not take him, just me, but I think Big Ben wants to go deep, not dink and dunk. Again, could be wrong, but my 1st round pick has to get me points every game, losing two games hurts, to me.

Phic, you serious? Bell is the PPR dream, and it's not close!!!!! Even going half pt PPR, Bell is a MONSTER. Your 1st round pick has to get you points every game.....Bell was 1 of just two backs last year that scored double digits in all 16 games last year. The other is not behind the Dallas offensive line anymore, and won't get 7,628 carries this year again. Plus, he had what I'll refer to as "explosive" games (25pts+) in 6 of those 16 games, including 44 pts and 26 pts in weeks 14 and 15 before posting just 13.7 in the 16th week, fantasy playoff weeks. I consider those weeks where he probably won you a matchup by himself with even adequate help from a lineup. I take him #1, try to handcuff DeAngelo to him (where he's being drafted, this isn't hard to do), and don't worry about my RB1 all season. He can be replaced for 2 weeks in a redraft if you're a savvy enough drafter to put a good team around him, he's not out when you'll actually need him, in the playoffs.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Phic, you serious? Bell is the PPR dream, and it's not close!!!!! Even going half pt PPR, Bell is a MONSTER. Your 1st round pick has to get you points every game.....Bell was 1 of just two backs last year that scored double digits in all 16 games last year. The other is not behind the Dallas offensive line anymore, and won't get 7,628 carries this year again. Plus, he had what I'll refer to as "explosive" games (25pts+) in 6 of those 16 games, including 44 pts and 26 pts in weeks 14 and 15 before posting just 13.7 in the 16th week, fantasy playoff weeks. I consider those weeks where he probably won you a matchup by himself with even adequate help from a lineup. I take him #1, try to handcuff DeAngelo to him (where he's being drafted, this isn't hard to do), and don't worry about my RB1 all season. He can be replaced for 2 weeks in a redraft if you're a savvy enough drafter to put a good team around him, he's not out when you'll actually need him, in the playoffs.
Yes I am serious, call it a gut feeling, but I think this is a key season for Pittsburgh, and Roethlisburger wants to air it out to the Wrs. Their defense isn't going to be that good. I honestly did not track how many receptions he had, and quite honestly am shocked it was that high. That being said, IF Pitt does as I expect, the load will seriously drop for Bell, due to the rhythm from the first two games. I think Big Ben takes control. Again, it is just my gut feeling, you all do as you expect. I just don't feel that great about Bell. Won't take him even if I could.

efactor

Coming at you
Yes I am serious, call it a gut feeling, but I think this is a key season for Pittsburgh, and Roethlisburger wants to air it out to the Wrs. Their defense isn't going to be that good. I honestly did not track how many receptions he had, and quite honestly am shocked it was that high. That being said, IF Pitt does as I expect, the load will seriously drop for Bell, due to the rhythm from the first two games. I think Big Ben takes control. Again, it is just my gut feeling, you all do as you expect. I just don't feel that great about Bell. Won't take him even if I could.

o_O

Every season is a key season in Pittsburgh. Bell is a huge weapon in the passing game and I see no reason Pittsburgh would want to change a successful formula. While he may not catch 83 (even if playing 16 games) passes again, I see no reason he would take a substantial drop. Even if he takes a 25 percent drop (don't think he will), he still gives you a monster season in PPR.

I have no argument with somebody saying they like ADP or Charles more than Bell, but to say you wouldn't touch him in the first round is really short sighted. A high price to pay for a "gut" feeling that nobody that I am aware of shares.

Phicinfan

Administrator
o_O

Every season is a key season in Pittsburgh. Bell is a huge weapon in the passing game and I see no reason Pittsburgh would want to change a successful formula. While he may not catch 83 (even if playing 16 games) passes again, I see no reason he would take a substantial drop. Even if he takes a 25 percent drop (don't think he will), he still gives you a monster season in PPR.

I have no argument with somebody saying they like ADP or Charles more than Bell, but to say you wouldn't touch him in the first round is really short sighted. A high price to pay for a "gut" feeling that nobody that I am aware of shares.
First, I didn't say anyone should share it.
Second, why is it short sighted? I can't follow my own gut?

I could be wrong, he is a special talent. But I just feel a change coming to Pitt, Ben got a huge raise, they got some very special talent at Wr now, and the O-line isn't that great. Add to that two games with out the real Rb they need, and I think they may make a change. Again, not saying anyone else needs to follow my gut, but we will see at the end of the year.