Carlos Hyde

efactor

Coming at you
Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on him in redraft.

I like, but don't love him this year.

The positives:

-Better O-line than people think. Losing Iupati hurts the run game, but not that much. Looks like Boone is moving to left guard and he played really well in the second half of last year. Not a real drop off there. Kilgore is back from injury and was playing well at center last year before he got hurt. They have last years redshirt, Brandon Thomas back healthy along with Marcus Martin to compete for the right guard position. Who replaces Anthony Davis is the big question, but again, not as big a loss as it seems. He hasn't played well since 2012 and weather it's Pears, the rookie Brown or moving Boone to RT, I don't expect much of a drop off.

-More threats in the passing game to open up the running lanes. Never been a big Torry Smith fan, but he does give them a deep threat which also helps a motivated Vernon Davis on seam routes.

-Hyde is quick to the hole and is definitely the goal line back. Offense will be better than advertised.

-Defense is better than people think so they will keep games tight, which will help him. Willis was the big loss, but Smith was expected, McDonald was expected and they have a nice group of young guys on the D-line. Bowman is back, and Wilhite played well last year. Losing Culliver hurt, but Cox was successful due to the system. They have some young DBs they are very high on.

Negatives:
-Unproven
-Bush will definitely keep him from being heavily involved in the passing game
-Kendell Hunter is back and will take some carries away. Has a 4.7 career YPC and they say he looks fantastic coming off injury.

I like him for around a 1000 yards rushing and around 6-8 TDs. Maybe 200 yards receiving.

Overall, I think he is being over drafted a bit. See him going in the 3rd round range, but I think a better value in the middle to end of 4. He won't fall that far so I won't end up with him on any of my teams.

ExperiencedRookie

While I love his talent, his situation is only moderately attractive.

I don't worry too much about Reggie and Hunter. If they thought Hunter was special, they wouldn't have used a high pick on Hyde in the first place. It's only a matter of time before Reggie is hurt too.

It's the rest of that offense that concerns me. It's hard to picture them getting up and down the field, especially in that division

efactor

Coming at you
While I love his talent, his situation is only moderately attractive.

I don't worry too much about Reggie and Hunter. If they thought Hunter was special, they wouldn't have used a high pick on Hyde in the first place. It's only a matter of time before Reggie is hurt too.

It's the rest of that offense that concerns me. It's hard to picture them getting up and down the field, especially in that division

Nobody said Hunter is "special" but he is good enough to take some carries away is the point.

Reggie will be the receiving back and keep Hyde from getting 35-40 catches which he could easily get if a less attractive option was there.

bodey24

Staff member
I don't mind Hyde as a player but he is going too early for my liking. With Bush and Hunter there I think Hyde will be TD dependent like an Alfred Morris.

Mike Davis may get a few carries each game as well.

Remote Controller

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on him in redraft.

I like, but don't love him this year.

The positives:

-Better O-line than people think. Losing Iupati hurts the run game, but not that much. Looks like Boone is moving to left guard and he played really well in the second half of last year. Not a real drop off there. Kilgore is back from injury and was playing well at center last year before he got hurt. They have last years redshirt, Brandon Thomas back healthy along with Marcus Martin to compete for the right guard position. Who replaces Anthony Davis is the big question, but again, not as big a loss as it seems. He hasn't played well since 2012 and weather it's Pears, the rookie Brown or moving Boone to RT, I don't expect much of a drop off.

-More threats in the passing game to open up the running lanes. Never been a big Torry Smith fan, but he does give them a deep threat which also helps a motivated Vernon Davis on seam routes.

-Hyde is quick to the hole and is definitely the goal line back. Offense will be better than advertised.

-Defense is better than people think so they will keep games tight, which will help him. Willis was the big loss, but Smith was expected, McDonald was expected and they have a nice group of young guys on the D-line. Bowman is back, and Wilhite played well last year. Losing Culliver hurt, but Cox was successful due to the system. They have some young DBs they are very high on.

Negatives:
-Unproven
-Bush will definitely keep him from being heavily involved in the passing game
-Kendell Hunter is back and will take some carries away. Has a 4.7 career YPC and they say he looks fantastic coming off injury.

I like him for around a 1000 yards rushing and around 6-8 TDs. Maybe 200 yards receiving.

Overall, I think he is being over drafted a bit. See him going in the 3rd round range, but I think a better value in the middle to end of 4. He won't fall that far so I won't end up with him on any of my teams.
Thanks for this home report!