Demarco Murray

efactor

Coming at you
Since I'm bored, I figure why not talk about some of the hard for me to predict guys.

I loved Murray going into last year and tried to get him on as many teams as possible. Not feeling it this year as much despite moving to a run oriented team. Kelly is kind of unpredictable with his substitution patterns, Matthews is there as well as Sproles as the 3rd down back. Plus, the QB situation is dicey, so teams can be more aggressive against the run. I still think he has a good season, but I see more of a top 8-10 finish, not the top 3-5that most seem to be predicting.

1200 yards rushing
35 receptions for 300 yards
10 TDS

RBs I would definitely rather have in PPR redraft:

-Bell (even missing 3 games)
-Lacy
-ADP
-Forte
-McCoy
-Foster
-Lynch
-McCoy
-Anderson (just a good feeling this year with Kubiak)

Thoughts?

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I watched Murray a lot last season and the whole time I was telling myself that I'd be steering clear of him this season. They absolutely ran him ragged.

I'd rather have all the guys listed in the OP based on last years usage and the current stable of backs in Philly.

ExperiencedRookie

I watched Murray a lot last season and the whole time I was telling myself that I'd be steering clear of him this season. They absolutely ran him ragged.

I'd rather have all the guys listed in the OP based on last years usage and the current stable of backs in Philly.
Agree with all of this. Well said.

Remote Controller

I think Murray can be top 3, with top 7-10 being his floor.

I have him at 1650 combined with just under 300 thru the air and 12 Td's

Remote Controller

Lacy
Charles
Lynch
Forte
ADP
CJ
Murray
Bell
My top 8 with CJ having the highest ceiling, and lacy the highest floor. Forte is the one I worry about the most in this group because of the offensive changes. Bell might do great when back but not on my squad.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My fear of Murray is two fold. One - his ability to stay healthy, and play injured. He did it last year, can he repeat?

issue two is the crowded backfield. My friends Kelly is anything but wastefull, if he paid to get Murry, Matthews and traded last year to get Sproles, he will use all of them. I just don't think you get one bell cow in Philly.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
My fear of Murray is two fold. One - his ability to stay healthy, and play injured. He did it last year, can he repeat?

issue two is the crowded backfield. My friends Kelly is anything but wastefull, if he paid to get Murry, Matthews and traded last year to get Sproles, he will use all of them. I just don't think you get one bell cow in Philly.
Agreed.... But your 2nd point could actually help your first point. Dallas was running him into the ground like a rented mule! With a more balanced running game, you may see Murray hold up better over the long term.... Now with that, your not going to get a #1 overall Rb, but you may get a 4-8 type Rb that can hold up.

Remote Controller

It will be Murray, and Matthews/Sproles. If they get things rolling in Kelly's system the touches should grow this year. I realize that is dependent largely on the play of Bradford.

Remote Controller

Lacy
Charles
Lynch
Forte
ADP
CJ
Murray
Bell
My top 8 with CJ having the highest ceiling, and lacy the highest floor. Forte is the one I worry about the most in this group because of the offensive changes. Bell might do great when back but not on my squad.
McCoy and Foster rounded out my top 10 and those two really concern me. I don't feel McCoy is up for the role of lead back in a run first offense. He doesn't get north and south very well. If you stack the line on him he will aid your field position by going backwards. I admire the hell out of what Foster accomplished, but there were concerns for how he'd hold up last year, and we all watched how that turned out. Now you still have Qb concerns and have traded your best weapon. These two backs would scare me as my # 1.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Agreed.... But your 2nd point could actually help your first point. Dallas was running him into the ground like a rented mule! With a more balanced running game, you may see Murray hold up better over the long term.... Now with that, your not going to get a #1 overall Rb, but you may get a 4-8 type Rb that can hold up.
Absolutely, I think they all get utilized....my fear is hot hand, and one game its one, next its the other and then you have no idea who will get what. For value if you can get Murray or Sproles late in PPR get them, but I won't go 1st or 2nd round for them...too risky.

As for health, yes splitting time will only help Murray.

Phicinfan

Administrator
McCoy and Foster rounded out my top 10 and those two really concern me. I don't feel McCoy is up for the role of lead back in a run first offense. He doesn't get north and south very well. If you stack the line on him he will aid your field position by going backwards. I admire the hell out of what Foster accomplished, but there were concerns for how he'd hold up last year, and we all watched how that turned out. Now you still have Qb concerns and have traded your best weapon. These two backs would scare me as my # 1.
McCoy scares me. Kelly is no idiot, and he would not deal McCoy for no reason. I get he dances too much for Kelly's liking...but I think it may go deaper than that. I think McCoy may be beat up, and starting to wear down. I also think Buffalo's O-line is atrocious. Which won't help him, its one reason I am hanging on to Fred Jackson in HG league.

Remote Controller

McCoy scares me. Kelly is no idiot, and he would not deal McCoy for no reason. I get he dances too much for Kelly's liking...but I think it may go deaper than that. I think McCoy may be beat up, and starting to wear down. I also think Buffalo's O-line is atrocious. Which won't help him, its one reason I am hanging on to Fred Jackson in HG league.
Fred's a man's man!

ExperiencedRookie

McCoy scares me. Kelly is no idiot, and he would not deal McCoy for no reason. I get he dances too much for Kelly's liking...but I think it may go deaper than that. I think McCoy may be beat up, and starting to wear down.
I don't think you can discount the chance that Kelly simply didn't like McCoy. Sounds to me like McCoy had a bit of an entitled attitude going on, and I dont think Chip plays that crap.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't think you can discount the chance that Kelly simply didn't like McCoy. Sounds to me like McCoy had a bit of an entitled attitude going on, and I dont think Chip plays that crap.
Don't disagree with you, it played a part. But you don't give up a fully healthy RB stud, for a LB stud coming off a major injury.......unless you know something.

Now, he had to pass a physical to be traded, so not saying there is something hinky here....but I think I would be very carefull relying on McCoy.