CJ Anderson

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
But was still averaging barely 3 yards a carry before he got hurt.
You don't think that the appendectomy could have had something to do with that? Some say he rushed back from this... Could have impacted performance some.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree with him Miller. I know you are much younger than I but you did experience the TD explosion. It was a much smaller, maybe two game end of the season show, but It was evident he was gonna prosper in the Kubiak system. Last season CJ dominated the last 6 weeks as Mannings arm wore down. They are gonna run him and they have Ball to keep him rested. This is gonna be a very balanced attack yet they will still have Manning to pull the trigger if teams try to stack. I can't think of another RB who could be mentioned in the same category of upside other than the explosion of a total unknown such as Gordon. (See top 10's from other thread...or8's)
Not buying that.... And the TD comparisons are a little much.... Can't came up with anything in this century? Game has changed just a little and so has Kubiak.... Add to that, you saw TD in the Kubiak system, you haven't seen Anderson in it... Some take to the zone blocking scheme very well, some dont... Maybe Ball is actually the TD???

Manning is still Manning as well.... Which will create opportunities, but limit some upside at the same time.

Anderson is costing you a first now.... So you have to compare him to other first round running backs that have proven their upside.... I think the upside of AP for instance is far more above Andersons in his revenge tour. Lacy is still developing and hasn't shown his full ceiling yet.... Murray showed what an injury prone Rb who could stay healthy could do behind that oline....huge upside potential for any Rb in Dallas.

Look, not saying he's not good, not saying he doesn't have upside.... But to say he has the highest upside of any back in the league is just a bit much..... And again, if you dont take Ball with Anderson you are exposing yourself to the possibility of a huge miss on the upside. In reality, the upside it with the offense and the position much more than it is with Anderson or any Rb for that matter.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Who has more upside than Anderson that would be going in the 3rd round?

The latest I have seen him going in mocks I have seen so far is 14-15 range, so hard for me to believe that any other 3rd rounder has more potential.
Where in the world is Anderson going in the 3rd at?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So just checked some ADP's on him.... Current ADP on FFC is 2.4 with a range of 1.6 to 2.12. So in the 345 drafts in that calculation he has not made it to the 3rd once, so this isn't close to a 3rd Rd back you are framing him as.

Also may not be fair to compare him to the elite at the position either.

His ADP is on a clear upswing and who knows where it will stop . I think he'll settle around the turn like Ball did last year once drafts heat up. That puts him in the area of McCoy, forte, foster, Murray And Hill.

I think this a perfect group for him and matches the risk and upside of him and others in this group. Hill is a very interesting one as another Rb who performed very well down the stretch and is in a great offense scheme and has actually performed in that offense. I would say that Anderson's upside is very similar to all the backs in that group.

ExperiencedRookie

Well as always, this is opinion and I have mine on CJ, and yes the comparison to TD is very real in my mind.
I still contend that if he truly does work out and turn into a top 5 fantasy RB, the most comparable RB would be Arian Foster. Both went undrafted, both could blow up in a huge way in a zone blocking Kubiak scheme.

efactor

Coming at you
Where in the world is Anderson going in the 3rd at?

He's not, that's my point. ER said he would not take him until the 4th, so I said he was being foolish if he passed on him in the 3rd because nobody in the 3rd has his upside. Didn't say he had more upside than anyone. :cool:

efactor

Coming at you
So just checked some ADP's on him.... Current ADP on FFC is 2.4 with a range of 1.6 to 2.12. So in the 345 drafts in that calculation he has not made it to the 3rd once, so this isn't close to a 3rd Rd back you are framing him as.

Also may not be fair to compare him to the elite at the position either.

His ADP is on a clear upswing and who knows where it will stop . I think he'll settle around the turn like Ball did last year once drafts heat up. That puts him in the area of McCoy, forte, foster, Murray And Hill.

I think this a perfect group for him and matches the risk and upside of him and others in this group. Hill is a very interesting one as another Rb who performed very well down the stretch and is in a great offense scheme and has actually performed in that offense. I would say that Anderson's upside is very similar to all the backs in that group.

Which means ER would be foolish to pass on him in the 3rd......................

ExperiencedRookie

Why would that be foolish? Just because he has an ADP of 2.02 or whatever. If I don't believe in him and dnt want him, how does that make me foolish?

Would I have been foolish if I passed on Montee Ball in the 3rd round last year for similar reasons?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
He's not, that's my point. ER said he would not take him until the 4th, so I said he was being foolish if he passed on him in the 3rd because nobody in the 3rd has his upside. Didn't say he had more upside than anyone. :cool:
Ahh... Now that I agree with... Misread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree..... But maybe for a different reason. Here is why.... Perceived value. Chances are if u can steal him there you can trade him very easily for a nice value in return.

I get not liking someone, but at some point the perceived value of others can create great trade value.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why would that be foolish? Just because he has an ADP of 2.02 or whatever. If I don't believe in him and dnt want him, how does that make me foolish?

Would I have been foolish if I passed on Montee Ball in the 3rd round last year for similar reasons?
Yep, bc someone will always be there to give you a good return on the trade front. Take me and trade em baby!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well as always, this is opinion and I have mine on CJ, and yes the comparison to TD is very real in my mind.
I guess I still don't understand it... TD wasn't new to that system... He showed what he could do on a limited basis in the Kubiak system right?

Has CJ been in the zone blocking, one cut and go scheme Kubiak runs before? If so, I wasn't aware and changes things some. If not, he's still entering a new system with a lot of unknowns.... That it's the only point I am trying to make.

efactor

Coming at you
A little blub from last week at Bronco's camp. Manning loves the guy and that goes a long way in Bronco land:

Peyton Manning went out of his way to talk up C.J. Anderson Wednesday.

Anderson is splitting first-team reps with Montee Ball. We know that Peyton will have a big say on who is with him in the backfield. "C.J. of course, if you talk to him you think he's about a 12-year veteran starter and he's only started six games," Manning said. "I'm getting a ton of reps with him, and the sky is the limit for him, I will say that."

ExperiencedRookie

A little blub from last week at Bronco's camp. Manning loves the guy and that goes a long way in Bronco land:

Peyton Manning went out of his way to talk up C.J. Anderson Wednesday.

Anderson is splitting first-team reps with Montee Ball. We know that Peyton will have a big say on who is with him in the backfield. "C.J. of course, if you talk to him you think he's about a 12-year veteran starter and he's only started six games," Manning said. "I'm getting a ton of reps with him, and the sky is the limit for him, I will say that."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hints-that-montee-ball-could-have-a-big-year/

That's from last year. Peyton saying the same stuff about Montee Ball.

Just because Peyton praises the RB and says he'll have a big year, it doesn't make it so