Dallas Cowboys: Running Back By Insanity

cctekguy

Staff member
Does anyone REALLY think Dallas will stand pat @ RB?

So far I've seen various articles about who to own in this backfield but I contend that the one to own isn't there yet. Just read one about Joseph Randal and saw another about Ryan Williams (is he injured yet?) I'd love to see DMac find the headlines again but I'm afraid this is 2 years too late.

hmmm...pass blocking. Y'all help me out here. Of the above 4 can ANY of them pass block?

Yeah, I don't think Jerry is gonna sleep until he does something with his running backs. My gut tells me he's still drooling over AP and I really think it will happen. It would be poetic justice too. I remember when Minny emptied their bank account to get Herschel Walker many years ago. Maybe time for turnabout?

If we assume an AP deal can't be done, then throw some names out there that would soothe Jerry's ego. Chris Johnson is still looking for work...Terrence West is done in Cleveland. Shonn Greene is done. Ben Tate?

How about Ahmad Bradshaw? It would add some spice to the NY rivalry.

Doug Martin could probably be wrested away from Lovie's Doghouse...(oooh, I like that one)

Ok...that's my pick. I think the Cowboys should pursue Martin. He should be available and reasonable. He's young and we've seen what he's capable of.

Who is YOUR non-AP pick for the Cowboys?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The expectation in Dallas is with their O-line anyone can run it.

Randle has been the heir apparant for a while, and now you have McFadden as well. The fact they did not draft a RB tells me they still have someone in mind that may be freed up later.

Who knows maybe there are some cuts coming that may help them out.

Remote Controller

Bills | Fred Jackson may miss final cut? Tue May 12, 03:10 PM

Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson may not make the final roster if the Bills end up keeping only three running backs, according to Mike Rodak of ESPN.com. RB LeSean McCoy is a lock for the final roster, while RBs Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown will also compete for a spot.

Footballguys view: We can't imagine this happening, but in the NFL anything is possible. We would rather keep Jackson--and his $2.7 million cap number--over cheaper options like Dixon or Brown.

cctekguy

Staff member
He was great, then injured, then Lovied.

Horrible offensive line, no quarterback, playing from behind, etc.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I have a suspicion that Dallas is going to trade for a RB. They cannot possibly think they're going to win with Dmac and Randle by committee etc.

The most likely candidate in my opinion? The Cleveland Browns. I could see any of their 3-headed committee being swapped for draft picks etc

The Browns need help in a lot of areas and the Cowboys need a RB. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The most likely candidate in my opinion? The Cleveland Browns. I could see any of their 3-headed committee being swapped for draft picks etc

The Browns need help in a lot of areas and the Cowboys need a RB. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I hope you are right BirdMan.