AP Wins Reinstatement

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Now the fun can really get underway. Do the Vikes really want him? At the price they would owe him? Will AP forgive and forget? Do the Cowboys seek him in a trade? And there are even more possibilities that could unfold. One thing for sure is that we'll be hearing a lot about AP this off season.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well price is fixed, as he has an existing contract. So that is known, no idea off top of my head what that is. I did hear that his agent and the VP for Minny had a big blow up at the combine, and it was stated reportedly that the agent said he would never play for Minny again.

so he has trade value, not sure who would want him at the salary he is due.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Hoh-OH! The NFL says not yet. Here's the story from rotoworld.com.

The NFL is appealing independent arbitrator David Doty's ruling in the Adrian Peterson case to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and will keep Peterson on the commissioner's exempt list in the interim.

The case will also concurrently be returned to arbitrator Harold Henderson, who originally upheld Peterson's suspension in December. If this all seems dense and confusing, it's because it is. There's no telling how much longer Peterson will remain in limbo. The league seems more concerned with precedent than whether Peterson was fairly punished. It certainly doesn't care about Peterson's 2015 status, which will be greatly complicated if the matter isn't resolved by the time free agency begins on March 10.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, now the rubber hits the road....

AP will be re-instated, and the Vikings have made it clear they will not cut AP.

But by all reports he(or at least his agent) wants him out of Minnesota.

He has NO leverage - as he has 3yrs left on his contract. But vikings may not want to sit on that.

Short of a trade, I am not positive we will see AP on the field this year.