Dez bryant

bodey24

Staff member
Dez bryant could be the next NFL player to have a lengthy suspension. Apparently there is a rumor of a video coming out either today or tomorrow of him that is supposedly 5 times worse than Ray rice's. According to a few sources the Cowboys have denied seeing such a video but it is rumored this video is why they haven't given Dez a long term deal yet. This could get interesting.

Sorry I don't have a link but I'm sure it will be all over the Internet soon.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I read about it yesterday but thus far the rumor is short on specifics. Dude has already slapped his momma so anything is possible.

maverick824

This is credible.......going to google and typing "dez bryant" the first auto fill in is "dez bryant video" LOL. That's never a good sign :)

Remote Controller

Cowboys | Dez Bryant's career in jeopardy? Tue Feb 24, 10:30 PM

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant's NFL career could be in jeopardy if a video he allegedly appears is as bad as it sounds. A source said the 'incriminating video of Dallas Cowboys superstar receiver Dez Bryant is being released today or tomorrow, and is so bad it's 'five times worse than the Ray Rice video and that his football career is in jeopardy.' The Cowboys have claimed no such video exists.

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Jeez. Could be why Dallas has basically said they will tag him to keep him, not sign to a long term contract. Kid is incredible, but he is a stick of TNT waiting to blow up.

bodey24

Staff member
I've read that the video is of him beating a woman in a wal mart parking lot a few years ago.

Phicinfan

Administrator
yeah, there is an extended story on PFT, by all reports the NFL has this video, and it took place in 2011 I think. Story states he drags a woman in the parking lot from one car to another.

To date the video has not been released, so no idea if he is really visible or not, or if it shows back story or not.

Phicinfan

Administrator
This is going to be a real interesting situation for NFL.

Per the ruling by Dody, they cannot go back and punish per new rules to old examples. But......

Per at least one story I have read, Dallas has known about this all along, as well as the video, or at least there was a video.

Goodell is about to be crucified again here.

Plus, if this is the incident with his mother in the past, was he given any punishment already?

maverick824

From what I understood about it, the "arrangement" he received was he could have no further incidents for either a year or 2 years (unsure), and if it was fulfilled, then his record would have it expunged. So, by letter of the law, he has had no incident, and thus, I don't believe the NFL can do much about it. What will be interesting is that if there is a "video" (I'm assuming his mother's statement to Dallas police), can you hold him accountable to a rule where he, at least as it sits with the justice system, has broken no laws? That will be the sticking point. Rice = beating your wife (with video proof) = illegal. Peterson = beating your kid(with picture proof) = illegal. With Bryant, there is no proof, there's no investigation into it ongoing or pending, there is no track record other than it was a past incident that was handled and case closed. He will be vilifed in the court of public opinion, and I think it hampers any team in the future that will consider signing/resigning him, but for the NFL at least, I just don't see how you can discipline him at all without a heavy lawsuit.

Phicinfan

Administrator
From what I understood about it, the "arrangement" he received was he could have no further incidents for either a year or 2 years (unsure), and if it was fulfilled, then his record would have it expunged. So, by letter of the law, he has had no incident, and thus, I don't believe the NFL can do much about it. What will be interesting is that if there is a "video" (I'm assuming his mother's statement to Dallas police), can you hold him accountable to a rule where he, at least as it sits with the justice system, has broken no laws? That will be the sticking point. Rice = beating your wife (with video proof) = illegal. Peterson = beating your kid(with picture proof) = illegal. With Bryant, there is no proof, there's no investigation into it ongoing or pending, there is no track record other than it was a past incident that was handled and case closed. He will be vilifed in the court of public opinion, and I think it hampers any team in the future that will consider signing/resigning him, but for the NFL at least, I just don't see how you can discipline him at all without a heavy lawsuit.
agreed, but from all reports the video is the parking lot security video of Dez beating and dragging whoever to another car. That is illegal. Not some testimony video. Or at least that is what is believed.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Whether they have the video or not, no one from his camp has denied the incident that I have read. The guy is a super star player but a thug non-the-less.

Last edited:

bodey24

Staff member
Plot twist. The woman in the video is allegedly his mother, the video is supposedly detailing a 2012 incident where he allegedly grabbed her, smacked her with his baseball cap, tore her shirt, and allegedly threatened to knock her out......

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/26/dez-bryants-mom-detailed-2012-fight-with-dez-in-police-video/
The 2012 incident involving his mother was a separate incident. The woman in the wal mart parking lot was his longtime girlfriend and mother of his two kids.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Cowboys have confirmed that Dez will be tagged but that they have hopes of reaching a long term deal in the upcoming weeks.