2nd new stadium coming to LA?!?!!?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So, you have Kroenke building IN La for the Rams.....supposedly.

But how about 3 teams in LA?

Per multiple sources the Raiders and the Chargers have announced a joint venture to build a $1.7Billion dollar stadium in Carson CA, just south of LA.

San Diego has reacted(first ticked at nasty letter from SD owner, now with "disappointment" over the fact Chargers have been planning other plans....).

No word from Oakland as of yet.

So literally by 2018 we could see not one, not two, but three franchises in LA region.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Evidently this has legs, as there are discussions ongoing about one of those two moving to the NFC West if they share a stadium, and thus one current NFC west team would move to the AFC.

Thinking is Rams would be the potential there...especially if they move to LA as well. Wow.

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, per multiple NFL sources........... all unnamed....... There will be at least ONE NFL team approved to move to LA in the next year.

Leading canidates are: St. Louis, San Diego, Oakland

St. Louis - Kroenke just got approval to go, and is already starting on land clearance. Regardless of team moving or not, he will build his stadium in LA, at the old race track by the Forum. In a side note, part of the plan by St. Louis to build a new stadium got hung up as the county has voted down 6 million in tax dollars for the project.

San Diego - is still working on a deal with San Diego, and has the caveat of a QB that says he will leave the team if they move to LA. That being said SD is working with Oakland on a two team stadium in the burbs.

Oakland - see SD, about the same boat except their QB doesn't care if they move. :)

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Too many teams! We just need one team, preferably the Rams. They still have a decent fanbase out here and as a seahawks fan, I'd be getting to go to a game in my backyard once a year!

I'd just assume keep the Raiders and there fans up in Oakland. We don't need them and we don't need to oversaturate the market.

The Chargers are great in SD. Such a cool city to spend the weekend in and go to a game. But their fans are kinda weak. I've been to a few bronco/charger games and its pretty much a 50/50 split amongst fans. But it would be a shame if the chargers left to go 100 miles up the coast.

Phicinfan

Administrator
By all reports its a neck and neck race, the Carson project for SD and Oakland is going forward, as is Kroenke's plan in LA, can't wait to see who if any team applies and if they do, who gets to go and who doesn't.

Oakland and SD need to move very, very quickly.

I will be sad to see NFL leave St. Louis again, I remember the old days of Cards vs. Bears rivalry, hate to see St. Louis go without any NFL.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Is there enough water left in California to support a team from out of state moving in with all those thirsty players?

cctekguy

Staff member
Instead of building oil pipelines we should be building water pipelines.

We've been drowning for months, though we will dry out soon enough.

Remote Controller

Still don't see why we don't stuff massive water pipelines under our interstates to pump water from the yearly floods between the Mississippi and Missouri rivers to the dry areas here in Texas.