Josh Gordon fails another drug test

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
By all reports this one was for alcohol, but per his previous agreement, it is still a violation, and he now faces a full year suspension if this is true.

to date Cleveland states they have not been notified yet by the league, but multiple sources are stating this has happened.

another kid who doesn't know how to handle his fame.....what a waste.

efactor

Coming at you
Just part of how the NFL is becoming such a joke. Guy had a couple drinks, big deal.

Sick of all this holier than thou stuff from the NFL hierarchy as they build monuments to killers and let drug addicted owners off with a slap on the wrist.

Let the guy play. His "sins" pale in comparison to others who go unpunished...................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're over looking the fact that he broke his agreement with the NFL by drinking period and like most youngsters some think it doesn't matter. Not me. A deal is a deal. He agreed not to drink, drank knowing he'd be suspended for a year if caught and now has to pay for his failure. It's the way the world was in a better day when your word meant something.

bodey24

Staff member
It was part of his plea basically with the NFL. He said he wouldn't drink for x amount of time so they only gave him a slap on the wrist for his DUI.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm with Mud, really doesn't matter what he agreed to and if it is stupid or not.... The fact is he entered into an agreement and got something in return (lesser punishment). Part or that agreement was a stipulation to what would happen if he broke the agreement.

So knowing what would happen he knowingly made the decision to ignore his agreement and open himself up to additional punishment.....

That is an immature, selfish, and stupid decision. Right in line with his behavior to date in The NFL. This kid just doesn't get that there are rules.... Stupid or not..... That you have to live by. In this case, rules that give him the right to play football and make millions....

He just lacks basic discipline and self control.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Just part of how the NFL is becoming such a joke. Guy had a couple drinks, big deal.

Sick of all this holier than thou stuff from the NFL hierarchy as they build monuments to killers and let drug addicted owners off with a slap on the wrist.

Let the guy play. His "sins" pale in comparison to others who go unpunished...................
Have to agree to a point here, I am tired of all the players who were abusive to family or spouses or girlfriends, or killed innocents in drunk driving allowed to play.

But my issue is he got a DUI, after failed drug tests, and he agreed to NOT drink to get the break he got. What happens? He immediately jumps to drinking once he THINKS his ban is over. Its on him, he blew it, and I hope they throw the book at him.....finally.