The worst team ever and my nightmare

ExperiencedRookie

Little history here. 12 team dynasty with a salary cap. Player contracts and years. Mimics the NFL very closely. Rookie draft every year with tradable picks up to 3 years in the future. Bad ass league!

We're in our 3rd season now, and there is one guy who is absolutely the laughing stock. His initial draft was horrendous, but his managing of players, trades, and cap space has kept him firmly planted as the worst team ever!

In the 33 weeks that we've had of NFL action in that league, he's been the lowest scoring team of the week in 12 of them. Such a shameful effort.

His roster:
QB: Rivers, Geno Smith, Johnny Manziel
RB: Leveon Bell, Mark Ingram, DeAngelo Williams, Bishop Sankey, Stepfan Taylor, Ronnie Hillman
WR: Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, Odell Beckham, Allen Hurns, Jacoby Jones
TE: Gates, Colt Lyerla
K: Tucker, Carpenter
D: Bills, Bucs

Not only is it an awful team, but he's made terrible moves to keep it this way. In last years rookie draft he took Tavon Austin 1st overall. The next 4 picks after him were Lacy, Bernard, Corderelle Patterson, and Montee Ball. He must just have an eye for busts.

Later in that draft he traded away a future 1st round pick for the rights to draft Geno Smith. The guy he traded with ended up taking Brandon Cooks with that pick he acquired. Pretty nice young player.

Anyways, you get the point. REALLY bad decision making. Well..I played this bozo this weekend, and instead of his usual 71 point output, his team went off!
Rivers and Gates gave him a combined 60 points! He also got a nice game from Leveon Bell and certainly an above average game from Mark Ingram. His K n D both were outstanding too, betting him another 34 points. Dude scored 128!

Now it's me who is the laughing stock of the league. I'm trailing him by 32 points, and if I lose I'll never hear the end of it.

But there is hope...Andrew Luck and Adam Vinatieri have the chance to play hero for me. 33 points and I'll flip the trash talk right back into all these haters. Go Colts!!

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I'd unload Sankey for a wr2/3. It could be fixed fairly easily.

He does need a Trading for Dummies book though.

ExperiencedRookie

Wr is the worst spot. Its not THAT bad.
It's not that bad?? Are you kidding me? The dude has recorded 12 of the lowest 25 scores ever in our short 2 year history. That team is a mess!

It's even worse when you consider the contracts he has these guys on. He is paying 11% if his total salary to Allen Hurns who he picked up after his big week 1 game, and he gave him a 3 year contract. He's married to quite a few of these awful players for multi years, and the cap hit that comes along with them is so bad that no one wants any part of it. He pays 7% of his money on DeAngelo for instance. That's 19% of his available funds on DeAngelo and Hurns...must I say more? LOL

Look at his shit show of a team, then look at mine.
QB: Luck, EJ Manuel, Mike Glennon
RB: Montee Ball, Ryan Matthews, Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Khiry Robinson, Jeremy Hill, Ray Rice, Alfred Blue, CJ Spiller, Carlos Hyde
WR: Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Pierre Garçon, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Markus Wheaton
TE: Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett
K: Vinatieri
DEF: ARI, DEN

That should give you some perspective ;)

MongerKhan

Staff member
Well perspective helps when you list the salaries of the players. It sounds like you have a few players who know how to do a dynasty and the rest are winging it.

I could fix it quickly.

ExperiencedRookie

Well perspective helps when you list the salaries of the players. It sounds like you have a few players who know how to do a dynasty and the rest are winging it.

I could fix it quickly.
Haha. Disagree strongly. Fixing that mess into a .500 squad is at least a 2 yr project.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Ill take it over if this person leaves.

Plus who said anything about a .500 squad? PLAYOFFS OR BUST BABAY!

(we need a Shooter McGavin emoji)

It would take a lot of cutting of crap in the beginning and some trades but it could be done. If you were willing to put the required time in.