Let's predict the five!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Now that the official schedule is out its time for the analysis of the season to come! So on average there are five teams that made the playoffs the previous year that will miss them the following year. Lets predict the future fate of the five...

As reference here are the playoff teams from last year:
AFC
  1. Broncos
  2. Patriots
  3. Bengals
  4. Colts
  5. Chiefs
  6. Chargers
NFC
  1. Seahawks
  2. Panthers
  3. Eagles
  4. Packers
  5. 49ers
  6. Saints

So out of this group my five teams to miss the playoffs this season will be:

Panthers - Cam coming off surgery, no other weapons on offense, poor offense will lead to overworked and exploited defense.
Bengals - Andy Dalton finally proves that he is not worthy! Improved Steelers and Ravens teams means back to 3rd place in AFC North
Chargers - Surely Rivers can't play above his head 2 years in a row. 3rd place in the AFC West will not get a wildcard this year.
Chiefs - They underachieved 2 years ago and overachieved last year. They should come in at a middle of the road 9-7 this season. Not good enough to make that last wildcard spot.
49ers - No reason but the fact that this team is starting to look like a train wreck. Between player arrests and the drama with the head coach I see a couple of losses in a row really sending this team into a spiral of death.

So that means there will be five new teams in the playoffs:

Redskins - Fresh new coach, fresh new WR, fresh new feeling of optimism. Should have no problem coming in 2nd in NFC East.
Falcons - I would have gone with the Cardinals but their schedule is brutal. Cardinals might be a better team but have a worse record.
Dolphins - If they could go 8-8 with all the crap going on in their camp last year I see at least 2 or 3 more wins if they just dial down the drama to normal levels.
Steelers/Ravens - It will basically come down to who wins the division and that will likely come down to who wins the season H2H matchup.
Ravens/Steelers - whoever doesn't win the division will be the wildcard.

What say you?

efactor

Coming at you
49er issues are way overblown by the media. Harbaugh isn't going anywhere, the Smith situation is lessening each day and now SF says they "stand behind him", Kaepernick issue was never one. Culliver situation will warrant a suspension more than likely. Niners are stacked and they have a ton of picks to trade up and draft impact rookies. Schedule is brutal, but it's brutal for all the NFC west teams.

Out:
Chiefs: Faded down the stretch after easy first half schedule
Chargers: Just because I have to pick five and they seem the least talented
Panthers: Defense will have to repeat and they have no WRs
Saints: Falcons will be better this year and Saints played over their heads defensively last year
Bengals: Steelers and Ravens bounce back and put them in 3rd place in division

In:
Cardinals: 3 teams from the West represent this year
Steelers: Just a feeling
Ravens: Smith helps the offense and Rice has a bounce back year
Falcons: Edge the Saints for division title
Dolphins: Tannehill makes a big move as a top 10 QB and Moreno gives stability to the backfielf

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
So has the draft changed any opinions? I may have to rethink the 49'ners in light of their bolstering the WR corp.