Christine Michael

jjtweeks

I was under the same sort of understanding. That Michael is the clear backup if Lynch goes down and that Turbin would be the COP and 3rd down back.

JScott

Administrator
I was under the same sort of understanding. That Michael is the clear backup if Lynch goes down and that Turbin would be the COP and 3rd down back.

How does Michael come in (if Lynch goes down) if he's inactive? Which he was for multiple games this season.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
How does Michael come in (if Lynch goes down) if he's inactive? Which he was for multiple games this season.

Well to be honest....I think that is more speclation on a full game plan.....if Lynch is out going into the game.

Me....still not buying it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well its official, Lynch agreed to plead guilty to wreckless op, as opposed to a DUI, not sure if that effects anything NFL wise or not. But this is a 2nd time for Lynch, so some type of penalty may be coming.

Arctic Dawgs

Sort of right Phic, but first known offence on Sustance abuse. Other offence was personel conduct, so this will count as 1st offence under CBA rules

Marshawn Lynch will plead guilty to alcohol related reckless driving as part of a plea-deal to avoid trail for his arrest on suspicion of DUI back in July 2012, reports ESPN's Terry Blount. Lynch gets two years of probation, must attend educational driving classes, and pay a monetary fine, but steers clear of a public trail, and may evade further punishment by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Lynch's attorney, Ivan Golde, speculated as such, noting, "I can't speak for the commissioner, but my feeling is Marshawn is OK and will avoid a suspension."

Lynch has run into trouble with the law previously, and has been suspended for it under the NFL's personal conduct policies, but DUI/reckless driving falls under the Substance Abuse policy. Had Lynch been convicted of DUI, the general first-offense punishment is a fine of up to two game checks. Seahawks RB Spencer Ware may be expecting this after he was arrested for DUI a few months ago.

Golde explains the decision to take a plea deal despite public declarations that they felt they had a strong case (and it seems they did at least have some benefit of the doubt, if the DA was willing to strike a deal): "We have a strong case for trial and could win the case, but the last thing(Lynch) needs is to go through a public trial. He's a Super Bowl champion and he has endorsements pending. For a guy in his position, it just doesn't make any sense to go through a public trial. He has a lot at stake here. You know Marshawn. He's not a media guy. It wouldn't have been good for him to go through all that."

"With the way the media is today, it would be tough for him to go through a trial like this," he continued. "It was better to plead to the much lesser charge, which basically is an unsafe lane change."

http://www.fieldgull...avoid-dui-trial

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not sure how much value I put in that opinion, since he can't even spell trial correctly.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

"
Coach Pete Carroll "really hyped up" Christine Michael at the NFL Combine, calling him the Seahawks' "biggest breakout candidate."

Michael has nasty running talent, but it's going to be difficult for him to "break out" as long as he's parked behind Marshawn Lynch on the depth chart. Seattle does fancy C-Mike as its franchise back of the future. He'll be a late-round re-draft flier in 2014, but holds borderline RB2 Dynasty value with mammoth forward-thinking upside. Michael was the 62nd overall pick in last April's draft. "

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
cbssports.com

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has high hopes for second-year running back Christine Michael.
"He's really talented and he's a really exciting guy in our program. Probably has the most breakout potential out of anybody because you haven't seen much of him yet," Carroll said via Pro Football Talk. "We've seen him, we know that he can do really special stuff. He played in a very competitive position. It was hard to get in there with Marshawn (Lynch) and Robert Turbin there. But he'll give those guys a real run when we come back to work. He'll grow a lot from Year 1 to Year 2. We all know in our program that he's going to be very explosive and a really exciting guy. He showed that in his chances that he had."

Part of the reason Michael could have a breakout season in 2014 is that Lynch could be headed for a downturn in production after 400-plus touches in 2013. That could open the door for Michael to play a bigger role next year.

Arctic Dawgs

best remarks I have seen

EBF, on 23 Feb 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Michael doesn't play on special teams. A backup RB who doesn't play on passing downs, isn't the primary ball carrier, and doesn't play on special teams is a prime candidate for "weekly inactive" status. I don't attach a lot of meaning to it. If you want to take the most optimistic reading of the situation, you can actually view it as a plus that Seattle managed to work him into a couple games even though he really had no role on the team.

Michael Turner was in a very similar situation as a rookie (i.e. not the starting RB, not the third down RB, and not a special teams contributor). He had 20 carries that season. It's not all that meaningful. When there is no role for you, you don't play. Aaron Rodgers did not play much as a rookie. Didn't mean anything with regards to his future.

I expect mostly the same this year

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
"
GM John Schneider called Christine Michael one of his "most explosive offensive players."

We're not the only ones that are excited to see Michael spread his wings one day. He was a strict third-stringer as a rookie, essentially serving as an innocent bystander as the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. But Schneider knows he has special talent on his hands and views Michael as a huge piece of the future. Marshawn Lynch is 28 years old and his contract expires following the 2015 season. "

Source: Seattle Times

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From the fair haired lads at rotoworld.com

ESPN's John Clayton says Marshawn Lynch will be a candidate to be cut in 2015.

Lynch will turn 29 years old next offseason and is owed $7.5 million in total compensation -- none of which is guaranteed. Before then, the Seahawks will be handing out hefty extensions to core youngsters such as Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. It will be an unpopular, but not overly difficult decision for the Seahawks to move on from Lynch as they can hand the reins to Christine Michael and save a ton of cash in the process.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From rotoworld...

Texas A&M's strength coach, who has trained both Christine Michael and Adrian Peterson, said Michael's athletic explosiveness is on par with Peterson's.

The "hype" around Michael is not some fabrication of the imagination. His tape is drool-worthy, and the Seahawks coaches themselves are talking up getting the second-year back chances at the expense of Marshawn Lynch. Former NFL personnel man Louis Riddick tweeted Monday that when Michael "gets his chance regular season '14, provided he's healthy, he'll show he's the most gifted RB drafted in past 5 yrs."

Phicinfan

Administrator
I have seen some stories saying the OC in Seattle wants him to split carries with Lynch this year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That would sure screw up Lynch's fantasy value. He's a valuable back in fantasy due to the volume of carries he gets. I'd assume he will still get the goal line touches though.