2019 NFL Off Season Signing Tracker

cctekguy

Staff member
Larry Fitzgerald resigned...

This STILL trips me up.

Not trying to be a grammar nanny but since re-sign and resign are pretty much exact opposites and since both are applicable to sports, I always have to re-read the statement to make sure I'm getting it right. :(

When I first read it I thought Fitzgerald was taking a 1 year break from the Cardinals. :confused:

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
This STILL trips me up.

Not trying to be a grammar nanny but since re-sign and resign are pretty much exact opposites and since both are applicable to sports, I always have to re-read the statement to make sure I'm getting it right. :(

When I first read it I thought Fitzgerald was taking a 1 year break from the Cardinals. :confused:
Voice to Text gets confused sometimes.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Eagles are expected to franchise tag Nick Foles and then attempt to trade him for 3rd round pick..

Update:

The Eagles are expected to pick up Foles' 2019 contract option for $20 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday on Super Bowl LIVE. Thereafter, Rapoport added, Foles would likely give Philadelphia $2 million to essentially "buy his freedom," Rapoport said, and become a free agent. From there, the Eagles would likely put a franchise tag on Foles and look to trade him after. Another possibility is that after Foles pays the $2 million buyout, Philly could let him go into free agency and gain a compensatory draft pick.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Eagles are expected to franchise tag Nick Foles and then attempt to trade him for 3rd round pick..

Update:

The Eagles are expected to pick up Foles' 2019 contract option for $20 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday on Super Bowl LIVE. Thereafter, Rapoport added, Foles would likely give Philadelphia $2 million to essentially "buy his freedom," Rapoport said, and become a free agent. From there, the Eagles would likely put a franchise tag on Foles and look to trade him after. Another possibility is that after Foles pays the $2 million buyout, Philly could let him go into free agency and gain a compensatory draft pick.
They are so capped strapped - per one source - $18 million OVER cap - I can't see them doing this. I could be wrong, but don't think so.

MongerKhan

Staff member
The Browns have signed running back Kareem Hunt.

However he is still not eligible to play until the NFL concludes its two investigations and whatever discipline he faces is handed down.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't think so. He played in 11 games last year and then the Exempt list forced him to miss the rest of the season. Time served plus 6 weeks is my prediction.

JScott

Administrator
I don't think so. He played in 11 games last year and then the Exempt list forced him to miss the rest of the season. Time served plus 6 weeks is my prediction.

I agree. Regardless of the most recent stories published about CLE, teams don't make moves like this blindly. They may be misguided but not complete shots in the dark. I would guess that CLE sniffed around and may have heard how the investigation was going and what the suspected outcome may be. Not to say that can't change but they likely jumped now based on some info.

Phicinfan

Administrator
So.....WTF?!??!?!?

I get Cleveland somewhat, Dorsey was GM in KC when they went and scouted and got Hunt. I get they have Chubb there, so they can survive his suspension and be fine. That being said they just resigned Duke Johnson last year on a 3 year deal, and drafted Chubb last year. What is the deal do they not like Chubb?

Also I wonder why Hunt signed so quickly? He could have gotten more from other teams I think once Bell got signed in FA.

That being said on to the next discussion - suspension. First the rule is clear - first time offense for domestic violence is 6 games. Now the NFL does have power to adjust higher or lower, but the player has right to then appeal. All that said, with the games he missed last year - I think we could see a range THIS year of 3-6 games.

I also think Hunt will abide by it, to prove his remorselessness.

As for the "other investigations..." its still first time offense.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Kyler Murray Qb Oklahoma has committed to NFL and will not play baseball this year.............................

Yeah, IF and only IF he is taken early in 1st round. I believe if he falls to later first or 2nd round he will go back to baseball - just my opinion there.

To be totally clear here, I don't feel there IS a first round Qb in this draft. I do think 2 will be taken - Haskins (The Ohio State) and Murray ( Oklahoma) but I don't feel either deserve it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jets to cut Isaiah Crowell once they sign another RB - they are supposedly in the hunt for LeVeon Bell.
Per above note from Mongerkhan - Denver sending mid round pick this year for Flacco - he has heavy cap weight but he is expected to work a new deal with Denver. They have 2 4th and 2 5th round picks - deal can't be done until after March 13th