NFL 2018, Week 6: In or Out and other news

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Chatter about Jordan Howard to eagles. Not sure how reliable. Would not like this
Wow, yeah have heard Miller from Houston as well, which is a very bad fit. I would not be all that believing of most of these, last I saw Chicago was still pretty heavily using Howard. I also don't think Cohen can handle a full load either.

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - T.Y.Hilton Wr and Te Jack Doyle not expected to play this week

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
cbssports.com

Sean McVay said Kupp (concussion) took part in Wednesday's walk-through and "feels good" about the wide receiver suiting up Sunday in Denver...

Phicinfan

Administrator
- ATL - Devonta Freeman misses practice with injury - foot injury now, not the knee...not sure this guy will get right this year..
- PIT- NFL is now heavily monitoring A. Brown due to multiple civil lawsuits filed against him for violent behavior off the field - NFL reminds us that they don't need criminal charges to act....
- LAR - both Cooks and Kupp Wrs took part in walk throughs yesterday -but still in concussion protocol
- NYG - cut OT Eric Flowers and he cleared waivers - he is not going to visit Jacksonville
- PHI - got some clarity on the contract redo for Cox DT - it clears about $6.5 million in cap space for this year, and over $11 million for next - some think this was done to go get a Rb(rumors have Bell, McCoy and now J. Howard as the targets) but some think this might be to prepare for long term deal for Wentz as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
-NYJ- I. Crowell Rb has missed two days of practice - questionable for game this week
-GB- Both Cobbs and Allison Wrs are not practicing still - Allison has passed the concussion protocol supposedly, but still not practicing
-LAC- K Caleb Sturgis is hurting and my not play - team has signed Mike Badgley to back him up
-PIT- A.Brown is denying validity of the suits against him - yeah no kidding he is...
-JAX- Rumors are flying that Jax is actively looking at moving to London by no later than 2020 or 2021 if the Wembly stadium plan goes through - per a former employee of Khan the owner. Local paper has stated that Khan is looking at tax implications of moving team to London

Walter34

I doubt the Eagles cap space move is related to Wentz. He would be signing a new deal in the off season at the earliest and the amount would be 30ish million per year over a long period of time. It makes more sense that the move is for adding an established RB.

Also, the note about Jax -> London. If the owner is just looking into tax implications, then how is this even public info yet? This doesn't make sense. You would expect a team to complete all diligence and be nearing a decision before anything became public. They risk pissing off the fan base and any number of corporate sponsorships with any early info leaks. Smells like fake news to me.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I doubt the Eagles cap space move is related to Wentz. He would be signing a new deal in the off season at the earliest and the amount would be 30ish million per year over a long period of time. It makes more sense that the move is for adding an established RB.
Don't disagree, however, keep in mind Philly is very good at capology and planning for the future, so I would not totally ignore Wentz and some other key contracts coming. But agree that Rb add is very doable, as they did last year to get Ajayi.

Also, the note about Jax -> London. If the owner is just looking into tax implications, then how is this even public info yet? This doesn't make sense. You would expect a team to complete all diligence and be nearing a decision before anything became public. They risk pissing off the fan base and any number of corporate sponsorships with any early info leaks. Smells like fake news to me.
the main rumor of moving to London was released by a former employee of Khan for the soccer team he now owns in England that he is supposedly trying to get Wembly for. Now, take that for what it is, as the employee I don't think wanted to be former.....
As for the tax investigations...all you have to know is a friend in the tax business to get some easy information there. The fans DON'T turn out for Jags games...so who are they going to offend?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Plus I strongly suspect that the NFL will kick in lots of cash to him if he makes to move. They want a team over there so bad that it is killing them.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
-
-JAX- Local paper has stated that Khan is looking at tax implications of moving team to London

Personally I have no interest in moving them to London. No one will want to play for them with 14 or 16 Transatlantic flights just for the regular season games. Doesn't even count in pre season or post season play. Long term effects will shorten careers.

Or you could talk to that other Khan.

Gimmick infringing mfer.....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Brandin Cooks (concussion) practiced again on Thursday.

As did Cooper Kupp (concussion). Per coach Sean McVay, both will be "full" on Friday if they escape Thursday's session symptom free. That would mean they will be good to go against the Broncos. It's looking good.
Source: Myles Simmons on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) is questionable for Week 6 against the Cardinals.

Cook indicated he only wanted to play if he was back at full health. "Me going out there 80 percent, 70 percent, I’m not going to be able to help my team like that," he said. "We got a bunch of guys that are 100 percent that can help the team win football games. At this point, it’s just me getting 100 percent so I can go out there and be who I am and that’s be explosive." He was notably a full participant in practice on Thursday. It sounds like Cook will only be active if he's in full form, returning him to prominent low-end RB1 status if he plays.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Paul Richardson is a GTD.

Deshaun Watson is expected to play.

John Ross is not expected to play. (Hell I didn't realize the guy had played yet by looking at his scores for my team).

O.J. Howard is expected to play.

The Crow is expected to give it a go.

Adrian is expected to limp right along.

Dalvin Cook will play on a pitch count.

Matt Breida is a GTD.

Garcon will play at less than 100%.

Trent Taylor is doubtful. Man my 9ers are banged up.

Coach says Cobb and Allison are both GTD's.