LeSean McCoy rb Buf - allegations

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Source: The Buffalo News - Jay Skurski

Buffalo Bills RB Chris Ivory would be the first option at the position if RB LeSean McCoy is not available.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

It's all going to depend on how the story unfolds in the case against LeSean McCoy. Although nothing is official yet, it's starting to look more and more like there's a real case against McCoy and he could be in serious trouble. McCoy's ranking has moved significantly at Footballguys as has Ivory's. It's clearly a worrisome situation at this point for all involved.

Who cares what the friend said? She wasn't even there was she? It's what the victim says that matters. I'd guess that the friend misunderstood what the victim told her happened. We'll know soon enough anyway.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Because even the woman's attorney is starting to distance herself from the original allegation that McCoy is the one that beat her like that and put her in the hospital. Now all the sudden it's robbers that he had beat her and put her in the hospital.

Already starting to fall apart
You are comparing apples and oranges.

The original tweet from the FRIEND of McCoy's girlfriend stated this particular issue was due to McCoy, and he in the past had abused her, the child and the pet dog.
It has since been found that those pictures are from the recent event (robbery) and that during the assault the assailant knew exactly what jewelry she had, and asked for same pieces McCoy had been demanding back. Add to that, no signs of forced entry(had a key??? no idea) and the alarm had been cut off and security cameras removed.

The lawyer is stating what they know as facts, the post was from the friend who is making assumptions AND some pretty nasty allegations.

So, I still think there is some concern here

Phicinfan

Administrator
Who cares what the friend said? She wasn't even there was she? It's what the victim says that matters. I'd guess that the friend misunderstood what the victim told her happened. We'll know soon enough anyway.
There were two women at the site of the robbery, only the girlfriend was attacked.

Phicinfan

Administrator
to further this story.......

first there have been three police visits to this particular house owned by McCoy, where the former girlfriend lives now.
None have been due to violence though - all involve McCoy attempting or his family attempting to remove furniture or items from the house. In all three cases, the police informed McCoy, or his family members they have to go through legal proceedings...which I believe is now going on.

Again, to be clear - none of those other three were for domestic violence.

Now this - one issue though - the camera's. One of these calls was made by the girlfriend while traveling in Virginia, when her security cam app on her phone showed folks entering and removing things from the house. Thus, the removal of the security cameras by McCoy.

It wasn't until this final attack and robbery, by an unknown assailant that the issues are really coming forward. This assaillant specifically asked ONLY for the jewelry McCoy was requesting back. Then attacked the former girlfriend and the female friend on site when they would not comply.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The best McCoy can hope for is a friend that is willing to take the fall and tell police that he knew of the items McCoy wanted back but that McCoy never asked for him to go get them. Even then McCoy will be suspended by the NFL IMO.

efactor

Coming at you
The best McCoy can hope for is a friend that is willing to take the fall and tell police that he knew of the items McCoy wanted back but that McCoy never asked for him to go get them. Even then McCoy will be suspended by the NFL IMO.

Disagree. Unless they find the guy who robbed them and he rolls over on McCoy, NFL won't do anything. Pretty hard to suspend someone on speculation that he "might have" been involved. I think the league showed with the Foster ordeal that these types of claims can be false towards the guy who has the money to pay.

Think league showed with the Foster situation that they are going to tread lightly without some kind of proof. Not saying they won't find something that ties McCoy to this, but they won't act until they do.

efactor

Coming at you
There's a lesson to be learned here, and it's not what you think.

To all young rich NFL players: STOP MESSING WITH THESE GIRLS. Stop knocking bitches up. Stop moving them into your homes. Stop gifting them expensive items.

YOU are a commodity, and any relationship you get into is a risk. You're a target for these succubus women, and if you're not careful, they can end your career.

Don't put yourself in this spot. Stick to banging whores. Use protection. Never give out your number. Never take these women to your home. Don't get married. Hell, don't even take these bitches out on dates. Your NFL career is short. You can easy start a family when it's over if you please.

Pretty spot on..................

Derek Jeter should have written a book on sports relationships. Bang hot women but don't get into a relationship until your playing days are over and you are ready to commit to one of them. No kids out of wedlock. No messy relationship drama on social media. Pretty simple playbook to follow.

ExperiencedRookie

Pretty spot on..................

Derek Jeter should have written a book on sports relationships. Bang hot women but don't get into a relationship until your playing days are over and you are ready to commit to one of them. No kids out of wedlock. No messy relationship drama on social media. Pretty simple playbook to follow.
Derek Jeter should write a book on winning at life. Period!

Phicinfan

Administrator
So as a follow up....
McCoy has one suit against him by his girlfriend who lived in his house in Atlanta, and now is out.
but his other "girlfriend" who has a child with McCoy has filed a supporting suit against McCoy infering his actions in the previous case and accusing him of abusive behavior on their son.

McCoy denies it, and states this is activity due to a very contentious custody battle

Still, a whole lot of smoke here, wonder if there is fire.

Buffalo is fully supportive of McCoy, and he has been open and forthright about what is going on......

No statements yet from NFL

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay great article here on ESPN.com on what is happening with McCoy. This is such a mess, and if he is innocent, I hope he counter sues since they are basically calling him crud.

Link: McCoy's ex-girlfriend to offer $20K reward for info

Key items:
Cordon's attorneys announced Thursday that she will offer a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the intruder at a home owned by McCoy outside of Atlanta, where Cordon was living at the time

"While Mr. McCoy maintains that he has been very forthcoming with his teammates and with his coaches, he has not provided any information whatsoever to the City of Milton Police, or assisted in the criminal investigation in any way, which will be discussed at [Friday's] press conference as well," her attorneys said.

Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter earlier this month that Milton police have been investigating the armed robbery and aggravated assault against Cordon but have yet to uncover anything incriminatingagainst McCoy. The NFL's investigation of the incident remained under "active review," a source told Schefter, who added that "it is not anywhere near actionable at this time."

Cordon's lawsuit also claimed McCoy physically abused his son and his dog. Stephanie Maisonet, the mother of McCoy's 6-year-old son, filed an affidavit in the case Tuesday supporting Cordon's claim of McCoy abusing his son.

"Similar allegations of physical abuse and aggressive behavior by Mr. McCoy has been alleged by other women as well, including, but not limited to, his son's mother," Cordon's attorneys wrote in their statement Thursday.

In an Instagram post Tuesday, Maisonet said that McCoy's son came to her saying he saw McCoy hit his ex-girlfriend in the face twice. That allegation was not included in Maisonet's affidavit.

"In this world, with social media, you can say what you want," McCoy said Wednesday. "The cameras and everybody will take it and run with it. I can't control that. The only thing I can control is being a great dad and being the person potentially grew up to be. That's all I can do."

My gut says, if they find any tie at all of McCoy to the assailant, or any proof of any abuse - he is on the suspended list

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per the news conference today - care of ESPN.com
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Delicia Cordon, the ex-girlfriend of Buffalo Billsrunning back LeSean McCoy, said in a news conference Friday in Georgia that other women have contacted her about McCoy with allegations of physical abuse or aggressive behavior.

"In addition to Stephanie Maisonet, the mother of LeSean's son, other women have contacted me about how LeSean has physically abused them, taken back gifts he has given them and exhibited other aggressive behavior toward them and towards his child," Cordon said. "I am grateful for everyone who has contacted me about their experiences, and I hope that by seeing myself and Ms. Maisonet come forward, they too will gain the strength to come forward as well."

Although Cordon's attorney, Tanya Mitchell Graham, said "other women" have contacted Cordon about McCoy's past behavior, she declined to answer whether McCoy physically abused Cordon.

Graham said there are about four or five other women who have contacted Cordon or Maisonet.

This is really not starting to look very good for McCoy.

cctekguy

Staff member
Sucks to be a man these days.

In her statement, Maisonet says...in the same breath " LeSean has PHYSICALLY ABUSED THEM, oh, and he takes back his gifts <for SHAME Lesean> and "other aggressive behavior""

I didn't realize taking back a gift was considered aggressive...Unless he gave her a tongue ring. :eek:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sucks to be a man these days.

In her statement, Maisonet says...in the same breath " LeSean has PHYSICALLY ABUSED THEM, oh, and he takes back his gifts <for SHAME Lesean> and "other aggressive behavior""

I didn't realize taking back a gift was considered aggressive...Unless he gave her a tongue ring. :eek:
Depends on how you take the gifts back. One report I heard was he was ripping jewelry off of girl friends bodies....that ain't right

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Never did much care for anyone that gives a gift and then they take it back. Those people plain out suck. We had a term for them that I grew up with. I won't use it now to keep from upsetting the Native Americans.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
In all fairness, it doesn't seem odd to anyone else that the only source of information at this point is the girlfriends attorney?

Phicinfan

Administrator
In all fairness, it doesn't seem odd to anyone else that the only source of information at this point is the girlfriends attorney?
No, not really.
Ever since the Ray Rice debaucle, the NFL has kept to itself on investigations. I will say McCoy is playing this correctly don't fall into her game, stay calm and let the legal process run.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I was speaking more specifically about the police. The girlfriend's lawyer made an effort to point out that McCoy is not cooperating with the police dept. It is odd to me that he would do that when the actual police dept. is not complaining or making any statements whatsoever other than 'we have found no evidence linking Mr. McCoy to any criminal activity'.

It appears the girlfriend's lawyer is trying to paint the case in the court of public opinion which leads to the assumption that they have nothing else to rely on.