Free Agency moves for NFL

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Rumors say they are still interested in the Bridge over troubled water and a QB with their first draft choice. I guess they know McCown won't be standing by the latter part of the season if that long.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Titans agreed to terms with CB Malcolm Butler, formerly of the Patriots, on a five-year, $61 million contract.

efactor

Coming at you
Bears sign Taylor Gabriel Wr formerly of ATL - this is a great slot receiver option

A lot of people saying that, but he isn't a slot receiver, or at least hasn't been in the past.

He had one decent season in 2016 and nothing last year. If he was good, Shanahan would have gone after him. :cool:

efactor

Coming at you
Receivers are getting paid this year

Guys with career years of 700 yards getting 8 million. Just doesn't seem like a way to build a successful team over the long term. Is Richardson going to make that much of a difference in Washington?
Jets are still working on Bridgewater. I can't believe McCown signed for only $10mil. Focking Bortles got $20

A sign of the apocalypse. An old, below average QB, playing for a team that will be fortunate to win 5 games, only getting 10 million for the year.

Arctic Dawgs

Wasn't aware of his age. Was basing on bottom tier starting QBs getting around $20 mil, and he is signed to be and told he is the starter. Just can't believe he signed for that low

Walter34

why would the Jets tell him he is starting when they are still trying to sign Bridgewater and probably also drafting a QB? Why say anything at this point?

By the way, what is the source of them declaring McCown the starter? I read bridgewater also will be on a one year deal. I'm getting a head ache trying to make sense of what the Jets are doing :eek: